Old 12-19-2001 | 10:57 AM
KGM
G-Techs Rule!

Ok...let's get those G-Techs out again.

Old 12-19-2001 | 11:27 AM
Do those things actually work?

Old 12-19-2001 | 12:06 PM
Vruhm,

G-Techs are the goods...I think the Flying Dutchman has one that he'll sell you cheap!

Dan

Old 12-19-2001 | 12:50 PM
|
Ebbsnflows,
Yes, I do agree that MPH does utimately reflect HP, however so does ET. Bottom line, we are not gonna decrease horsepower and start dropping ET's. I thought as we increase HP then we decrease our ET's right? I guess the reason I am choosing to go by the ET is because it just seems to be the common place in peoples posts and in general discussion to talk about ET's rather than MPH. The way I look at times, and yes, I do agree that traction affects ET alot, is that if you have 2 L's and have similar (and I mean very similar) 60 foot times, then I look at ET as a comparitive point from one vehicle to the other.

Vruhm,
What the heck do you mean you find not giving a crap about times. C'mon now, if that were true, you wouldn't have posted your times and been proud of them. In fact, if you didn't give a crap about times, you never would have bought a Lightning in the first place.
Anyhow, the whole point I was making in the original post is the fact that none of us out here run the times that the guys back east (or maybe not just back east, but tracks at sea level and colder temps than ours) do. So with you posting a 13.2 stock, that clearly would put stock guys at better tracks in the 12's. Not necessarily that all the guys back east are running slicks with those great times, there are alot of guys running the F1's. Get generally people make it very clear whether it is on slicks or F1's.
Looking forward to meeting you tonight and seeing your 02. I'm gonna be putting my non chrome back wheels on this afternoon and cleaning her up a bit, just so I can get it muddy as I turn off from Grand Ave, yuk.
See you there tonight.
PS. are we gonna be the only 2 L's out there? Yoda can't make it, Daver716 is not running, and Struck in AZ has his L all torn apart throwing on some big Arias motor or something on his L to make it run better (but he will ride out in my L).

Oh, as far as your G-tech question. An accelerometer such as a G-tech or Vericom (which I have), can be a great tuning tool. It is a great tool to be able to baseline a vehicle, make modifications, and then see whether the mod make a change for the better. However, if you make a baseline run at say the track, then make a mod, then use the G-tech, you are not using the same criteria to compare the times, as there are descrepencies between the two methods used to monitor performance. Several factors that affect an accelerometers reading are if you are on a slight incline or decline, and also they will give a roughly (and I do say roughly) .3 second difference between a track time, because of the nature of how the accelerometer functions. It must first detect movement of the vehicle before it start to count down the ET, so by the time it starts "running the clock" your vehicle is already in motion. My personal feeling if you are going to look into one of these devices, is the Vericom seems to be more consistant and it has alot more features than a G-tech. But this is strickly an opinion as I have not actually owned, nor done any testing with a G-tech. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Peter B; 12-19-2001 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2001 | 02:41 PM
Peter B,

Damn you man! I guess it was your turn to "out" me...it's not a big Arias motor. It's a small combination nuclear fission motor with a fusion helper motor that runs on super high density weapons-grade unobtanium...which is, unfortunately, only mined in a small town in Uzbekistan so it makes race gas look cheap! I seem to be having problems with cooling though, so my L is definitely smokin'!

Old 12-19-2001 | 06:42 PM
The reason i dont give a crap is because it turned into an argument and a whole bunch of BS. Thats not why i am here. Lightnings are fun, and the board is supposed to be, so im not gonna sit here and flame. Thats why. Anyways -L8er

Old 02-17-2002 | 03:04 AM
Cool

Damn took me forever to read this thread (long) thing I need a drink now!!!!

Old 02-17-2002 | 05:11 AM
It took you almost two months to find it.

Last edited by ASVTFordBoy; 02-17-2002 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-17-2002 | 08:03 AM
Thumbs up

The '02 "L's" have definetly been "tweaked" from the factory. I had my new Blue '02 dyno'd last week at Kenny Brown's Performance Center in Indianapolis. Kenny Brown Performance is legendary around the midwest for high performance Fords, and particularily SCCA Mustangs. They have the best dyno equipment available and guarantee the accuracy.

My stock '02 .........363.3 RWHP
........ 478 RWTQ

This was with 1500 miles on odometer.

Having just sold my 2000 L which ran 12.59 @ 108.89, (so I think I know what a 12 sec L feels like) I would say this truck, with a good hook will run 13.10's - 13.00's in stock trim.

For comparison my 12.59 sec 2000 L was dyno'd by Kenny Brown at 391.3 RWHP and 506 RWTQ.

I have about 1750 miles on the new L ,and I can say that Ford has really leaned it out over previous models. My exhaust tips are absolutely free of the usual black suet deposits which my 2000 model always had. The transmission shifts are also much, much firmer than previous years.

I plan to get some times for the new truck on Mar 9th when Indy IRP opens for the season.

Franko

Old 02-17-2002 | 11:11 PM
Struck in AZ

You're back, where have you been?? What time did you run at Speedworld with the chip, 4#, and exhaust?

Old 02-17-2002 | 11:24 PM
I was at Memphis Motorsports Park today with fellow L owners and the temp was around 57-60 degrees and there was one 02 there and it was the first time that he ran it and he ran 13.7s back to back with poor traction due to it raining two nights before. Just thought that I would throw that in the big arguement about the 02s being stronger or not.

Later
Damon

Old 02-17-2002 | 11:35 PM
I think stock means differnt things to different people. IMO stock is everyting on the truck that came from the factory. I Just ran my 02' on Sat. I ran a best of 13.82 @ 100.64 in STOCK trim (Spare, Hitch, Swaybar, Taligate & F1's) I,m having a hard time seeing 13.00's out of Stock 02' let alone a 12 sec. pass

Quick Reply: stock 02's should be in the 12's