Lightning

a question to all electric fan users?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001 | 11:53 PM
|
Question a question to all electric fan users?

hey guys i have been thinking of going to some electric fans but i wanted to get some replys from those who have them. 1) is does any of u pull an enclosed trailer with ya lightning and do u have heat issues if u do. 2) what kinda temps do u pull it in its like 100 degrees here in the summer and im just worried bout the cooling abilities of the electris fan.

3) if u dont pull anything have u ever had heat problems in any driving conditions?

Thanks guys

Old 12-17-2001 | 03:25 PM
i have had two 14" ele fans installed for a while now and no heating up problems. im in michigan and have had a hot summer with no problems, i dont pull an inclosed trailer but do have a 23' boat that is pulled sometimes and no problems, factory guage never moves once it reached normal operating temps. dur to the cfm's of the fans i bought it actually draws more than the stocker will, and once u do the mod nd pull off the anchor that is the stock fan and clutch u will be gl;ad ya did..

jim

Old 12-17-2001 | 04:37 PM
|
thanks i was beginning to wonder if anyone pulled anything with the elec fans being on. what kit do u currently have and how much did it help was it sa noticeable difference. and how much$?? again thanks for the help

Old 12-17-2001 | 04:42 PM
Why remove the stocker if your going to tow an enclosed ?? If for HP..not worth it. IMO
If I were you, I would add an additional fan on the front side of the A/C condensor for added cooling when towing in comfort.

Old 12-17-2001 | 04:49 PM
|
spiro: im not towing the trailer much but i wanted to try to free up some hp for the track but u dont think it is enuff to help, im leaning towards not doing it b/c of when i do decide to pull the trailer i want to be able to do it without any worries

Old 12-17-2001 | 06:59 PM
Hey Rusty..............

tow that trailer behind you when you come to
SDR in Jan. and maybe I'll be able to beat you down the 1/4 mile .

Dan

Quick Reply: a question to all electric fan users?