Lightning

JDM Runs 11.405@118.50 (NO NITROUS)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001 | 08:30 PM
Originally posted by DL

OK Don & Bill, sock it to me...
DL I am not in a sockin mood

I am done

I think I will get a chevy, at least they just attack ford guys not each other.

Last edited by Don's Bolt; 12-17-2001 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2001 | 08:31 PM
I know all the details to Sal's truck, and ... *puts pinky to lip* I'll sell them for ONE MEELLION DOLLARS...

er...nothing to see hear...move along.

Daniel

PS...
Number 2!! Where are my damn SVT Focus with laserbeams for their exhausts! Throw me a bone here!

Old 12-17-2001 | 08:32 PM
Am I missing something...

Everyone take a step back and notice how ridiculus things get. Who cares what products you use on your truck? Why argue about something so pointless? If you insult the guy that burns my chip, you insult me...blah blah blah.

I prefer Taco Bell. I hate McDonalds. Burger King Rules. Wendy's sucks! Why get emotionally involved about such b.s. concerning an F150? Your "tuner" isn't a loved one...sheesh.

Old 12-17-2001 | 08:54 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
...Bill, I don't want to "accuse" Jim of anything, but I can surely understand where a lot of the "doubting" and "speculation" comes from. Just being a regular person who reads these boards, ...I
Sal, you're not a "regular person" in any way. You are a vendor with special status on this board. Your image is important in order for you to sell your products. I don't buy from you for reasons explained on previous threads. I don't doubt your capabilty, but it is entirely disengenuous and an outright conflict of interest for you to get involved in discussions regarding other tuners. I recommend that you allow the members of this Forum to do the "talking" for you and for the other tuners. We can has it out and it will all work out in end.

Old 12-17-2001 | 08:56 PM
Re: Am I missing something...

Originally posted by rscoleman
Everyone take a step back and notice how ridiculus things get. Who cares what products you use on your truck? Why argue about something so pointless? If you insult the guy that burns my chip, you insult me...blah blah blah.

I prefer Taco Bell. I hate McDonalds. Burger King Rules. Wendy's sucks! Why get emotionally involved about such b.s. concerning an F150? Your "tuner" isn't a loved one...sheesh.

Here,here!

Old 12-17-2001 | 08:57 PM
DL
OK, wasn't trying to start a tuner war here.

Everyone is different, to each his own. I don't take things personal here, just stating my opinion and reading everyone else's.

Bill and Don, I was just saying that to ya'll to calm things down here a bit. It's been fun to see everyone at least getting along well at the track. We just all get a little emotional on here..Oh well, we'll all grow up someday..Us boyz and our Toyz...

Old 12-17-2001 | 09:08 PM
HEHE
DL I was just goofin around a little too

I guess I just don't understand that southern humor.

Maybee I am a little sensitive because I am truckless right now

Old 12-17-2001 | 09:09 PM
I'm with RS. We purchase the best products that we can for our trucks. It shouldn't matter if it has PSP, JL, JDM or LFP on it as long as it works for you and you are happy with it.

All the tuners invest many $$$ and many more hours than you will ever know. They are dedicated to making their trucks fast. Consequently, it makes it easier for us to purchase proven combinations that work to make us fast too.

Just look at how many of the these 5000 lb. behemoths are running 11's. Trucks in street trim are regualrly in the 12's. We should be thanking these guys. Just think if the amout of experimentation and $$$ ti would take to do it on your own.

Have you ever been to the street races? Of course, I never have,
, but the racers have raised deception and treachery to a new level. It's all part of the game. I keeps the competition guessing. You don't show your competitor how you make your car or truck run fast. It's up to him to figure it out. That's how you win.

Old 12-17-2001 | 09:14 PM
Thumbs up

Nice run Jim!!! Gotta love this place

Old 12-17-2001 | 09:18 PM
Spike! Are you trying to tell us this thread is going to the dogs? I'd just like to say that there is no truth what so ever that Jim is runing a 502 big block in his truck.
Nice run Jim. Joke'em if the can't take a ........
Merry Christmas.
Noelvm

Old 12-17-2001 | 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor
LightningTuner,

Remember I was at Cecil too.
First thing I do when I get to the track is prepare my truck to race.
The second thing I do is go threw tech.
Third thing I do is check out the track conditions.
If the track is bad I will wait till it gets some heat in it.
If I am in compition and the track is bad I will make the proper adjustments to my truck.

As far as Cecil on Saturday you were only 200's off your best 60ft.
Your best 1.56, Cecil Saturday you were 1.58.

Charlie got two 1.62's
Jim W. got his best at 1.60
Dave L. got his best and I beleave Nuno got his best.
I was consistent 1.54 and 1.55 our best being 1.52.

As far as comments tuner being faster than their customers.

The tuners get to try new things first if I'm not mistaken non of your customers are no were near you.

Oh by the way my 60ft's when I was running 12.40 were 1.74's

Sal, how bout it, Atco is open this weekend !
What do you think, me and you ?

Jim@JDM

Old 12-17-2001 | 09:51 PM
A match race, sounds interesting...

Old 12-17-2001 | 10:02 PM
I didn't really think I said anything "offensive" towards you, but since you want to bring it up, fine...

That's right, you WERE there. And that means what? You saw what you saw, and that's it. You have no idea the truth behind what you saw. I made three passes. The first had a 1.68 spinning 60ft and went 11.48 at 119mph. The second had a spinning 1.64 60ft, and the truck continued to spin to the 1/8 where I let of and ran an 11.62 at 45 mph. The third run hooked decent with a 1.58 60ft, and pulled good to the 1/8, then the motor cut out and I saw a puff of smoke when the heads lifted, so I shut it down at the 1000 ft mark and went 11.42 at 112 mph. So I never ran a full pass, which means your posting of everyones time means nothing.

As for your 60fts at 12.40 being 1.74s, that total BS! I've seen two of your timeslips from you running agianst people I know and when you were running 12.40s you were still turning 1.58 60fts. How come your truck is a second faster, with the same 60fts? Your truck gets 2-3 tenths faster at every event, yet you don't tell anyone what you've done to do so. There's only so many times people will believe the "we just made some chip changes" reason.

As for your "challenge", I don't need to play stupid games like that. We've already started to tear down our truck for the winter, and to be sent off for the cage. We'll just have to meet up when the new season starts.

Old 12-17-2001 | 10:06 PM
Atco....

Jim,
I think that's a great idea. I'll drive up for a day or two so we can watch two of the top guns go at it!!!

Keep us informed on anything that develops

Old 12-17-2001 | 10:35 PM
Looks like it will have to be a snowball fight until spring. Unless you all want to come down here to Texas.

They have a spring thing in Colorado called the tomato war (I thnk) between the Coloradian and the Texans. Seems like a good snowball fight between Team JDM and Team PSP is in order.
Keep us posted. Remember putting rocks in the snowballs is illegal.

noelvm

Quick Reply: JDM Runs 11.405@118.50 (NO NITROUS)