Lightning

Diablo Programmer Email

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001 | 05:01 PM
|
Diablo Programmer Email

Original E-Mail:
I clicked on your software link and read that page. Let me see
if I get this right. I can plug your romulator in to my truck where I would usually put a chip in. Then run the other end into my laptop and tune my ECU through my laptop at will?

Response:
Mr. Santana,
That's right, when the emulator is completed, you will be able to adjust your vehicles tuning in real time. Meaning you will be able to adjust parameters while you're driving down the road or on the dyno.

Stay TUNED, and Thank you for your interest,

Sean Novak
DiabloSport
Tech Support
3500 NW Boca Raton Blvd. Suite 506
Boca Raton FL, 33431, USA

This sounds like a cool product. Anyone else know anything about this.

Old 12-19-2001 | 05:14 PM
Sounds great

Sounds alot like "SpeedBrain" but without a supplied ECU...using your existing one. "SpeedBrain" lets you do the same..but the manual and software give no advice to the "tweaks" You have to learn on your own what works and what doesnt. It would be nice if they supplied a manual giving info on what parameters for what mods...etc. Sounds good though....keep us posted. What kind of price are they talking about?

Old 12-19-2001 | 05:23 PM
|
can you tell me more about this speedbrain. any links??
someone said around $500, but thats just what i heard that from someone on the boards so i dont know.

Old 12-19-2001 | 05:25 PM
sound cool !

Old 12-19-2001 | 06:03 PM
Red face This frightens me to the core...

While being able to tune your vehicle yourself sounds like a good idea in theory, it's playing toss with a live hand grenade...which is exactly what a good number of folks will do to their motor with this thing. It's the whole theory of more is better...advance the timing here a little more...lean out the mixture there a little more and the next thing you know you have those new Ford see-through domed pistons. Unless you've got a serious background in tuning engines (and can recognize the signs of detonation and lean mixtures) then this is probably best left to folks like Sal, Johnny and Jim. Personally, I'd much rather see my tuner of choice grenade his motor trying to walk that fine line of performance instead of me. If you've got the dosh to buy one of these things, why don't you just do a few dyno runs that also give you an A/F readout and send that and your chip back to your specific tuner?

One of those things that sounds good in theory but is bad in reality! Just my opinion...

Old 12-19-2001 | 06:06 PM
|
I hear ya, I personally know next to nothing when it comes to A/F mixtures and timing. Thats whay I am goin with a tuner chip. But it still a cool thing to have if you know what your doing.

Old 12-19-2001 | 07:49 PM
To those who want to do the "tune it yourself" routine, without accurate and quick A/F meters (AKA wide range), just remember one thing. Said the wise man, "they always run best just before they blow up"

Quick Reply: Diablo Programmer Email