Lightning

"Long Tube Headers"

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Long Tube Headers"

We @ JLP Are proud to announce that we have become a distributer for Lightning performance Headers & Exhaust systems! We Have done some testing with These Headers and feel without a doubt these are the best headers offered to the Lightning Community. We have easily put "many" Lightnings in the 11 sec. range by installing these headers and fine tuning our JL Programs! I can say we all can look for atleast a .3-.4 reduction in our et's! and pick up several mph! and the quality of these headers are awsome!"Ceramic Coated" and excellent workmanship. I'm currently testing a set of these Long tubes built to my preference. and will be doing some testing and Data Loging with the set up that i have. i look for even more power from this setup. I'm Glad to say that my customers who have these headers on are very happy and impressed! And are amongst the fastest lightnings on the planet! i look to be running in the mid to low 11's with these headers and with just bolt ons! and not touching the engine in anyway! here in the past few weeks we have made some good progress in making more power. and we will be glad to pass it along to our customers. We are going to offer these headers "ceramic Coated" for $799.00 and also offer complete exhaust packages! So if your interested just give us a call here @ JLP and we'll be glad to help you on your way to a 11 sec. *street* Lightning! MerryChristmas! JL

Old 12-21-2001, 12:26 AM
. . . testing with These Headers and feel without a doubt these are the best headers offered to the Lightning Community
What kind of testing has been done and what headers did you compare them to during these tests?

Also, what diameter?

Thanks!

Wayne

Old 12-21-2001, 12:41 AM
DB
Seems like the exhaust side is the next logical step after pushing all that air into the front of the motor...

Good price JL

Old 12-21-2001, 12:57 AM
The headers we tested are 1 5/8 with a 2 1/2" collector. i have tested these headers by data loging and checking A/F's and have tested them on the track for real time results! we have seen Great Performance gains with these headers. we had to make a lot of changes in the programs to come up with the right programs.and since we have a few lightnings out there running 11's on Stock motors and stock blowers and just bolt ons! it seems it paid off. we at 1 time could only dream about the 12's and then came the 11's! and whats next well you know.. JL

Old 12-21-2001, 01:23 AM
maybe this is a stupid question here, but will this fit stock exhaust?? i'm assuming it does ( 2-1/2 dim is what i thought stock system is, but i'm not sure on that without looking it up )

Old 12-21-2001, 04:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work JL

Old 12-21-2001, 05:55 AM
Thumbs up

These headers are awesome --- 4 tenths for me
JL has spent countless hours tuning my L with these headers and I think his results speak for themselves

Old 12-21-2001, 06:51 AM
count me in

you know i want a set we talked about it in indy so pencil me in

Old 12-21-2001, 07:01 AM
RDY,
i looked in your album and saw that pic of your launch with the front wheels in the air. you did that and only ran a 12.86? im not saying the 12.8 is slow but i didnt think your truck lifted like that untill you got into the 11s or something. as you can probly tell ive never been to the track. is it normal for a 12sec truck to lift like that? i know you had to get some serious traction. is that why they did that?

Old 12-21-2001, 07:53 AM
actually

j15big i did that when i was running 13.00's traction was great for timetrials but it rained shortly after and the pits got all muddy as you can see all the mud on the tires

Old 12-21-2001, 08:22 AM
Thumbs up Good Choice!

This is a proven header with several of JL customers in the 11's already running this header!

Matt

Old 12-21-2001, 09:45 AM
whenever we put long tubes on they won't be a direct fit for the *stock* exhaust.how many times have i heard this product is a direct fit! and find out what i thought was true it wasn't a direct fit until i did a little tweeking! however i do reccomend taking the truck to an exhaust shop or to someone who has the equipment to adjust and weld everything into a perfect fit! this could be done with the *stock* exhaust or aftermarket exhaust. JL

Old 12-21-2001, 10:22 AM
Would these headers along with a Bassani Cat-back work?? And would we still keep the 4 cats?

I guess that would make it like a $1500 exhaust system before install, but it sounds like we'd get more than just rumble and sound, but actual performance.

Now, do you foresee this avg. .4 sec reduction in 1/4 mile in addition to other mods, or would you say that this is achievable on a stock Lightning (eg. stock L running 13.90, down to app. 13.50)?

thanks,
JC

Old 12-21-2001, 10:55 AM
I think the name gives it away that they will not fit up to the stock system. "Long Tube."

If you look carefully you see how puny the stock manifold is. The long tubes are much longer and therefore won't fit up. This is a good excuse to get rid of the dual cats and go with none at all or a single high flow cat.

Old 12-21-2001, 12:21 PM
easter:

Thanks for the great pics. My first time seeing the 'whole' system--and guys have said this stock system is 'high-flowing'--gives one second thoughts.

Dan

Quick Reply: "Long Tube Headers"