Lightning

girlfriends camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001 | 10:36 PM
|
girlfriends camaro ss

Guys i need help, i know none of you have seen me in person before, but right now i need you to care a little extra. Earlier today my girlfriends camaro ss 01 beat me in a little 0-60 or so race when i saw her at the light,, i know hers is stock and its a manual ( dont ask me how but the girl is a pro with that 6 speed ) but here's the deal,, i need to have the faster car now, or i at least need to keep up with her, its nice to watch a girl that soo pretty drive a car like that with the tinted windows and all. So far the only way i'm not stock is an air filter kit from LFP and an oil breather cap. I figure i need to buy myself presents to get my truck to be faster then the SS getting a chip is not very high on my list at all, but if thats what it takes, then i guess maybe i had some extra convincing. I hope everyone on this board has a merry christmas, and please everyone be safe out there, i know we'd all hate to see one less L owner out there.

Old 12-24-2001 | 10:48 PM
Maybe she is just a better drag racer. J/K.. Let her drive the L and you drive the SS. If she wins again you will know. You might be able to get a 2# lower with out needing a chip. Our trucks run rich to start with. Ask a tuner.

Old 12-24-2001 | 10:58 PM
Thumbs up Chip's and Dip

Hey whitetoast where from in Detroit?
Anyway....I agree w/ Jeff, maybe a 2# lower but almost anything more than that and a chip is REQUIRED to be safe (read...no detonation). You could get a shift kit but that isn't going to give you much other than maybe scaring her when it bangs second and chirps 'em
If you don't have a 01, a set of 3:73's will help but your speedo will be off without the chip. So needless to say YOU NEED A CHIP

--Joe

Old 12-24-2001 | 11:51 PM
wow, i wish i had a g/f like that, in a slower car of course, but still an SS, wow, merry christmas

Old 12-25-2001 | 12:19 AM
To be on the safe side I wouldnt mod the truck without a chip, period. Detonation isnt something to mess with...granted the truck is slightly richer than needed, but that is the whole point. Why stradle the line? Dont do it...too many L's engines have blown up because of owners risks. Do yourself a favor and get a chip. I would recommend chip, filter, #2 pulley (assuming the daily driver). This should make you just as fast...if not faster than your g/f. All for under $1000. Let us know what happens. Peace!

BTW do you have an 01? If not, we will recommend more mods

Old 12-25-2001 | 08:11 AM
|
oh yeah,, sorry, mine's an 01. I think i will just place the blame on weight, i'm 210 and she's only a girly 120,, hmmm, 90 pounds,, thats a few tenths in the quarter right ?? J/K

Old 12-25-2001 | 08:25 AM
100lbs = .1 in the 1/4

My X could drive her A$$ off in all my toys. Ran better numbers than me lots of times!!!

Old 12-25-2001 | 11:05 AM
Originally posted by whitetoast11
oh yeah,, sorry, mine's an 01. I think i will just place the blame on weight, i'm 210 and she's only a girly 120,, hmmm, 90 pounds,, thats a few tenths in the quarter right ?? J/K
Not to mention that the SS weighs 3600 lbs and the L' weighs 4700 lbs....yeah, I'd say weight is a pretty big factor .

Good luck!

Old 12-25-2001 | 12:12 PM
Yea, I would say weight is a factor. 1000 lbs vehicle difference. Only about 40 Hp difference. Trade her vehicles.
My car is a T/A, My wife is the lightning driver. I get to be the fastest. Oh, I get to drive both too, (When she lets me drive the L.) Who cares who is fastest as long as you both go fast.
A match made in Hot Rod Heaven.

Old 12-25-2001 | 01:06 PM
|
I'll just use the weight factor as my excuse till i get faster,,, all you guys are right though,, i'm very happy to have her as a christmas present this. No matter what, she'll be the best appearance mod i'll ever have

Quick Reply: girlfriends camaro ss