Lightning

A few things I have noticed about our L forum......

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few things I have noticed about our L forum......

Correct me if you think I am wrong.....

Most of us have went through the same or real close events in our life. Most of us have the same or real close interests. All of us are willing to help a complete stranger at the drop of a dime. Lastly most of us seem like good, down to earth, honest people??

Is it a L thing? I have dealt with many other car clubs & people and have never felt so much like a family anywhere else....

Old 12-25-2001, 11:39 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
I'll admit, we're in good company here. Don't know if it's the truck or not. Maybe, we just got lucky.

Many thanks to Steve for giving us this place. I've met more new friends(here and in person) in the past few years because of this site.

Rich

Old 12-25-2001, 11:49 AM
Yes I have meet many friends off of here at the races as well. It is also going to set me up with some friends in FL to hang out with!!!!

Old 12-25-2001, 11:57 AM
I agree--this is a very special 'place' and the people make it so because of our pride and joy--our wondreful Lightnings!

Dan

Old 12-25-2001, 12:03 PM
I want to thank everyone for the help I have recieved several times. Bob.

Old 12-25-2001, 01:03 PM
I'll second that feeling...........

When I first saw the Lightning back in '99, I knew I had to have one someday............then, sometime around August I discovered this forum, and with the warmth and helpfulness I got on here, I knew I had to buy one before '01 let out.......You guys basically convinced me.......I wish I would have been able to get an '02, but I love White L's, so my choice was made.........The amount of information I've received here is priceless.

Thanks guys...........look forward to happy "mod-filled" posts in the years to come

Old 12-25-2001, 03:04 PM
I think we all have several things in common, we are all enthusiasts, whether it be for the L (of course) but for anything fun (mechanically speaking).
I do find it interesting how many of us have had/have bikes, cars, trucks etc. and the similarities in what has happened to us with them.
Yes, I had a bike (FZR 1000), and crashed it pretty badly (I wasn't hurt much), then sold it for the L. I also have a car I want to someday put a supercharger on. (don't laugh, a '95 Integra GSR, and no it isn't "riced" out, I hate that look)

I do find the lightning community to be much more of "one mind" than some other places I have visited on-line. I have learned a lot and look forward to learning even more.

happy new year!!

Old 12-25-2001, 05:49 PM
We are all indeed lucky to have such great people on the Lightning Forum. However it is not just this forum, but the whole F150online.com comunity. Between my 93 L and my 2001 I had a 99F150 4x4 and the people on all the other forums were, and still are just as helpful and friendly.

Old 12-25-2001, 05:50 PM
Very good company in here. People always willing to help no matter the task. Have not found ANY other forums like this one.

Old 12-25-2001, 09:28 PM
I have to agree with you guys!!!

I am a Crown Vic person and mostly hang out on crownvic.net and crownvic.org and the atmosphere there is a lot more hostile!

People show less interest in local events as well... I mean remember in the beginning of this year all it took me was a couple of posts to get a whole lot of you guys interested in a meet and let me tell you we had great ones! One at Hooters the other at GSP in Paramus, and you guys are all really cool!

Now where are the Jersey guys, I need some pix and info! hehehe

http://www.4adrive.com/jerseyvics/th...s/svtlightning

--Russ

Old 12-25-2001, 09:41 PM
Thumbs up

I have to agree, I think that the people here are great. I also have made new friends on this Lightning forum and for the most part everyone is great. I think if we all could get past the tuner wars then everyone would be friends, and good friends at that. Let's all try to start the new year off on a good note, I for one don't care who's products you run, I will like you just the same if you use JDM, PSP, or JL's to make your lightning faster. I use who I want and you use who you want, we are all here because we love these trucks and that alone should bond us.
So no more bashing anyone for what product they use, or the tuners and I think we can make 2002 even a better year, and all get closer and make even more friends.
So what do you all say to that? Do you think we can get over the little stuff and make this the great place that I know it can be?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Bill

Old 12-25-2001, 10:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. Although I haven't met too many of you in person, I've learned much here and tried to help as many as I could.

Old 12-26-2001, 02:07 AM
Very true (Lets all keep up the good work! )

Quick Reply: A few things I have noticed about our L forum......