Lightning

MTX thunderform in L????

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTX thunderform in L????

How does it sound? Anyone have pics of it??

Old 12-25-2001, 08:18 PM
Old 12-25-2001, 08:25 PM
They fit great :> you do not even need to remove the studs that the tool box is mounted to it sits on top of them or you can add some wood spacers if you dont want the box resting on the studs.

The gray is a little bit off of the 2001 grey plastic or at least it was in my case. It looks good though but its not a perfect match.

As far as sound it sounds awsome but I bet the sound quality depends alot on how and what you hook them to.

I added a new head unit and am running the sub from a older fosgate 360.6 5 channle amp off the last 2 channles. It is suposed to me 120 watts rms but I think its pushing alot harder than that. The fosgates at the time were way underated.

there are tons of pics and I did not snap any,

Old 12-25-2001, 08:27 PM
and the best price for them I found was on Ebay If I remember corectly the reserve is 245 + shipping of 30
they are loaded with the mtx 6000 subs or you can get them unloaded from the same ebay company at I think 217

Old 12-26-2001, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys! I just ordered my Thunderform also for $217. Great deal. Right now I have two Fosgate 8's in a tiny box and I STILL have to keep the seat forward to clear them. They don't quite have enough punch for me either. Can you really put the seat all the way back and recline the seats all the way with the Thunderform??? That would be awesome. I'm getting tired of people shoving my passenger seat back and hitting my amps. Also, how deep is the Thunderform (so I can order some subs)? And where are you guys relocating your disc changers? I have 500.2 and 250.4 Fosgate amps as well. Right now I have them mounted on top of my box, but where can I mount them when I get the Thunderform? Sorry for all the questions, but any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 12-26-2001, 12:37 AM
Thumbs up

You can sure put your seats all the way back, They fit great. You'll need to put your amps and changer under the seat, there won't be any room behind the seats for them. I ran my thunderforms loaded with mtx 6000s and they sounded awesome. I think that pretty much any standard 10inch will fit just make sure that the volume requirement of the sub is met by the enclosure.

Old 12-26-2001, 08:39 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
Ditto on that. JL W3's fit perfectly too.

If you've got a hard bed cover, you could move the amps. to the bed. Just a thought.

Old 12-26-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by TampaSVT
Ditto on that. JL W3's fit perfectly too.

If you've got a hard bed cover, you could move the amps. to the bed. Just a thought.
I did some research and I think I'm going to actually go with the W3s. And I thought about moving the amps to the bed since I'm planning on getting a Bedrug for my truck. Thanks!

Old 12-26-2001, 05:55 PM
for now my amp is under the passenger floor mat tucked up as far as I can get it by the fire wall. So far no one that has been in the passenger seat has even noticed. I would have mounted it under the seat But the 5 channle amp does not fit and I did not want to buy a new amp.

It also does not seem to get hot sooooo for now it stays
I agree I am 6'2" and had the seat jammed back and the head rest actualy hits the rear window. I was very worried about loss of room and I did not lose any with the mtx box.

Quick Reply: MTX thunderform in L????