Lightning

Any Skydivers on this Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001 | 05:01 AM
|
Thumbs up

Well My AFP 1 Jump went excellent. When I pulled at 5500 I looked up and watched the chute opening. The student gear opens pretty slow. I was kinda puckered up because of all the emergency procedures we practiced before getting in the air were going through my head. Well it opened ok. The slider was up so I had to pull down on the toggles to get it down where it is suppose to be. I landed right on target on my feet. This new gear is very easy to fly.. And landings are very soft. All in all an excellent skudive I cant wait for AFP 2 jump.

Old 12-30-2001 | 09:54 AM
One of my more memerable training jumps was a night jump at Ft. Bragg. During our pre-jump briefing we learned that the LZ was near a small river so be prepared for a possible water landing. We clear the C-130 at 3500ft and as we begin to see the ground we hear the first guys out the door calling out WATER! I begin getting ready to cut the canopy free when the first guy land and yells out ROAD not water. I ended up landing hold the one riser that I had cut free. Glad I hadn't done both of the. At night from the air the road looked just like a river.

Quick Reply: Any Skydivers on this Forum?