Lightning

I got a great after X-mas letter yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I got a great after X-mas letter yesterday....

As you know I just got out the Hospital last week from my Bike Wreck & Surgery. Well the mail comes yesterday and I have a letter from my county police saying there is a warent for my arrest and I need to turn myself in to avoid being cought on the street!!! I was like WTF, I am getting charged & arrested for wreckless driving when I wrecked my bike with noone else or no other property involved??? It really sucks, I had court this morning just to set a date for my case. Noone saw what happened, a few people heard me take off, and this Ego Power Driven Cop is charging me with this!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I get to spend my mod money on a lawyer to fight this BS charge, I mean I was lucky to be alive from the wreck, lost my bike and my ego for riding. AND NOW I GOTA DEAL WITH THIS!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2001, 03:23 PM
If there is a bright side to this[and there isn't] with no eye witness...you will win in court. My wife hit some black ice a couple of years ago on her way to christmas mass and ran into a huge oak and totaled the car but was not hurt. The tow trucks automatically call the cops who issue a too fast for conditions citation. She was driving 30 in a 45 mph zone. This is just another form of state sponsered extorsion that is practiced every where.

Old 12-28-2001, 03:35 PM
as I have always said "FTP!" COPS LIE!

I feel your pain, I have to have someone contact the police for me as we speak, my bike was stolen Dec 21st. I have to find out if its been recovered....

Old 12-28-2001, 04:46 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Old 12-28-2001, 06:27 PM
don't worry

iculkn:
it's most likley a standard cover your *** "charge" to cover the county. don't worry about it to much; you'll be fine in court. prolly get a lecture.

sorry to read about your mishap. hope your recovery is swift. see ya around richmond.

dc

Old 12-29-2001, 02:08 AM
One thing the lawyer asked me was if the cop investigating ever came to talk to me about the wreck. He thinks with them not doing that before charging me I may be able to get out of this on a technicality!!!!

Old 12-29-2001, 08:16 AM
Talking

Tell them, you were riding down the street minding your own business, when a police car comes flying down the street at 100mph, without any lights or sirens, and runs you off the road. it looked a lot like the guy who is investigating your accident

Old 12-29-2001, 10:00 AM
MRB,

I wish I knew what happened!!! My concusion whipped out that day. I think I can beat this one though!!!!

Old 12-29-2001, 10:59 AM
Give me a call 727-579-1331 or 727-515-3311 . The exact same thing happened to me when I wrecked my bike. Noone there, officer ticketed me after the fact.

Jeff

Old 12-29-2001, 11:29 AM
That sucks dude. At least you got a few things going for you, noone was around to see anything so it's your word versus his and he has no proof; also you wrecked you bike and were almost killed which will appeal to the human side of the judge. Though your concusion will be a draw back. Remember be honest.

Old 12-29-2001, 02:11 PM
ICULOKN,
Look at it this way! It could have been worse! Best thing you didn't lose the leg. As for the cop. The burden of proof is on them that you broke any laws when you and the bike wen't down.

I'm sure they measured the length of the skid and determined a speed. That is why they are going after you. Can you approximate the distance from the time the bike wen't down to where it stopped? They have data to determin a range of speed on dry pavement/wet in relation to the length of the skid.

If you havn't gotten a lawyer yet, Get a damn good one. You can always say a dog ran in front of you and you crashed trying to avoid it. The manuver caused you to go off balance on the bike causing your throttle hand to pull back to keep a grip on the bar.

Causing the bike to momentarely speed up in in your fight to regain balance. You had no way of recovering once off balance and you wen't down. This could work if you didn't give a statement yet. Just a thought. Let the lawyer do all the talking anyway.

You word against their accident investigation with no witness to say otherwise. Then go after the cop if your lawyer thinks you can get some cash out of it. Get some mod money back! :D Just don't let that cop catch you doing some of that on legged Lightning racing. Then you will be cooked for sure!!

Best of luck!

Old 12-29-2001, 02:30 PM
Thor1,

Thats the funny thing, There is about 3 foot of skid mark, & then I went into the ditch, Its like I hit the brakes at the last minute plus I was real close to the bike even after it threw me or so I was told. Thats what makes its funny, it all happened in about a 10 foot area. Hopefully I can beat this one!!!!

Old 12-29-2001, 06:25 PM
ICULOKN,
That's even better. Three feet isn't enough to get a speed on you. The fact you were not 25ft from the bike is another. They are profilling you on the bases you have a race bike.

They are going to push to get you to admitt you were going too fast, and act like they are going to do you a favor and plea bargan i bet. They have no leg to stand on. No pun intended with that remark. You'll get through this and get back in the saddle again.

Let us know how you do. When you shop for a lawyer one question to be sure and ask. Ask if the lawyer knows the prosecuter or has held court in the district you have to show up at. Get one that has experience defending against that prosecutor or knows the judge.

Having a lawyer that is not familiar with the prosecution and the bench makes it less favorable in your odds to get this thrown out. It's all politics. Doubt it will go to trial anyway. I did better fighting my tickets having a lawyer familiar with that court house.

Good luck!

Old 12-29-2001, 06:38 PM
Richard
That really sucks, I am sure you will beat it.

I have seen you on this page for 3 months and today I finally figured out your screen name. I guess I am not that quick.

I see you lookin, I get it now :o

Old 12-29-2001, 06:48 PM
Don,

Yeah, I like using my plate so when I see people at events they can put it all together!!!, I remember people by their cars better than names.

Im hoping to beat this one!!!

Quick Reply: I got a great after X-mas letter yesterday....