Lightning

Got the coolest exhaust installed [merged x2]

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001 | 06:25 PM
Here's three of the most commonly used cat-backs used on this board. The borla price is great; but, the other two look like they're about avg.

https://www.truckperformance.com/veh...TNING&sf4=5.4L

Old 12-29-2001 | 09:13 PM
|
Smile

I ordered it from Johnny Lightning
It was $650 plus shipping. It's stainless steel but only the tips are polished. I love it. The hardware is top notch, a thing of beauty for sure.

I have been through three mufflers and THIS is THE one to keep. Stock was too quiet, Magnaflow 14568 was almost the same as stock (just a touch louder) but not worth mentioning.

You can install it in your garage but a lift will make it much easier. It's a very simple install. I would suggest tack welding at least. I've heard some horror stories about blowing them off at WOT.

Just order the Bassani and you WILL be happy. That's only my opinion but I think all that have the system will agree. Right Guys?

If I had to describe what it sounds like, all I could say is this is what a Lightning is supposed to sound like. Nice, deep, and powerful sound but not loud enough to bother you in the cab of the truck. It sounds GREAT.

I hope I've answered all the questions.

Chikenears

Old 12-29-2001 | 09:16 PM
Very well said!!!, I agree totaly!!! I even think i got alittle more seat of pants feeling as well, it could just be the sound though!!

Old 12-29-2001 | 09:35 PM
|
Richard,

I can't feel a power difference but I installed the Dunlop tires at the same time and they aren't quite as sticky as the F1's. I'm getting a little more tire spin now so it's hard to tell from the seat what it's really doing. The Dunlops are rated right up there with the F1's but I think (and they are new) that they don't have quite as good a grip. Maybe after a few miles I'll be able to tell.

Old 12-29-2001 | 10:16 PM
Originally posted by StrikesTwice
what about if you want insane loud exhaust, what package do you go with?
Straight pipes!!!!

Old 12-29-2001 | 10:19 PM
Originally posted by StrikesTwice
what about if you want insane loud exhaust, what package do you go with?
Magnapacks?

Quick Reply: Got the coolest exhaust installed [merged x2]