Lightning

Need stereo help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need stereo help!!!

I thought I was just happy with my system with: 6x8 kappas in the door, rears disconnected, 10 inch kappa svc sub powered by a 200.1 rockford punch power amp. Today my buddy showed me this http://www.riohome.com/products/riocar.htm and I really want it but one draw back is that is has no built in amp. This calls for a multichannel amp and it got me thinking, should I just run my 2 door speakers and get a 2 channel amp? or should I get a set of components and move my co-ax to the rear and get a 4 channel amp? Money is a constraint so could ya'll please give me your opinions. Any help is much appreciated.

Old 12-29-2001, 08:11 PM
I like that, may even get one myself. You could do one 2 channel amp amd wire it just for left & right. You would loose a Front & rear fade but it sounds like you dont have that right now anyways....

Old 12-30-2001, 11:36 AM
being in the car audio Business

theres a few options if you wanted to get one.

get a 4ch amp and some rear speakers.

get a 4 ch amp and run you rear fac speakers, that will save you some money and give you a little rear fill.

add a 2ch amp for your front speakers.

There is also a setup like that that i carry at my shop, Its called the Neo Car Jukebok, Its a little diffrent setup Comes with a 40 or 60Gb hdd, That U can mount vertical or horizontal, but u keep your head unit it comes with a FM modulator OR depending On your head unit Some come with Aux inputs. so you can tie it in there.

What kind of head unit do you have in the truck?

Old 12-30-2001, 11:41 AM
It's the stock head unit, which I have been meaning to replace anyhow.

Old 12-30-2001, 11:58 AM
get a nice unit with An AUX input.

Iso mount the 2 in the dash and you can have it all.

i know alpine makes a few Aux input head units, and with that theres no need for another amp at this time. If you felt like going the amp route U can get a Pre Amp/Eq with a a 2nd input and wire That up to the 2nd input.

It all depends on how far your willing to go and spend, I have all my stuff sitting waiting for my install, No time to get it done.

Kenwood Flip Out Tv W/ DVD with center channel speaker
Rockford Fosgate PA2 Pre amp
Rockford Fosgate BD1000
Rockford Fosgate Power 600.4
Coustic XM3e Crossover
Mb Quart 5.25 w/ tweeters and X/overs (2Pr)
Kicker Square Solobaric 10" Woofers
Custom Ported Box that fits behind Seats
i also forgot a 60Mb neo car jukebox, its diffrent from the In dash one you showed, But ive had nothg but good luck with them.
Stores 9000 songs.

Last edited by GMNightmare; 12-30-2001 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2001, 01:25 PM
Alpine actually makes a new head unit which willl play mp3 cd's just recently released it and its definately top of the line,, one major concern with anything mp3 is sound quality.

Old 12-30-2001, 01:41 PM
Yea But retail on the unit is 700.00.

But the fact of knowing u never have to have a cd case in your car, Knowing that you can dload them to the Jukebox, and knowing noone can walk off with a cd or ask to borrow them makes it well worth it for me.

Quick Reply: Need stereo help!!!