Lightning

Calling Silver_2000_;)!, What's your deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:19 PM
|
Calling Silver_2000_;)!, What's your deal?

I understand you are a moderator, but i've noticed a few of your posts lately and tend to think you have a very bias opinion, especially against young lightning owners.

Don't get me wrong, I mean, your are just trying to do your job,(like cops) but maybe you should think a bit before you post some of your ideas. I mean...."how would you like it if i posted 21 year olds who live at home are freeloading *******s"....... The "how would you like it" part doesn't cover you....sorry. I happen to be 22 and live at home. I own a lightning and good part of my weekly check goes toward my truck. But I also pay bills and some of the house bills, and work for a family buisness which i'm on a salary pay schedule, which living at home is figured into. How do you know other people aren't the same?

I agree about posting profanity, everone uses it now and again...it happens. But the board shouldn't be a profanity outlet. You are correct.

Some of the spoiled kids that are on here with their trucks are a bit too much, but there are many like myself that come here for good information and to talk to cool people that have similar interests. To you and all the others that give your people on the board an attitude.....is it the simple fact that you are jealous that you didn't have a vehicle like this when you were young?(please don't list all your cars everyone's had if you did). I happen to buy my truck used and saved 4-5 K. The fact of the matter is it is alot harder to move on your own at a young age. If your not young, you wouldn't understand. If I were to move into a 2 bedroom apartment around where I live, your looking at at least a grand a month plus utilities, which means for most young people, your driving what some of these guys on the board are laughing at for their winter vehicle.....forget a Lightning. A grand a month is almost a morgage for cryin out loud. That's why I bought a nice truck and pay for it while I live at home....and put some money aside so when my truck is paid for, i'll have some money for a downpayment on a house...serious enough relationship to live with my girlfriend(second income as well), and I nice truck that should be somewhat reliable.

I'm not looking for any applause .....but just stating the facts. If some of you though of things like this before you tore into some of us young guys, you may bite your tongue.

I've neverhad any problem with anyone on the board since I bin here(well except for one person who took a simple joking statement the wrong way and went overboard). Nor do I wish to have trouble with you.....but the more I see these remarks, the more heated I become. Sorry If you don't like what I have say....

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:21 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Whew! Where'd that come from?

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:25 PM
Tallimeca - good post from who seems to be a very responsible young man.

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:27 PM
|
Thank You

It's just that not everyone deserves to be painted with the same brush. It's not fair.

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:27 PM
Re: Calling Silver_2000_;)!, What's your deal?

Originally posted by tallimeca
...."how would you like it if i posted 21 year olds who live at home are freeloading *******s".....
That one was very funny. And I'm young and still living at home and freeloading for food. But I didn't take any offense to that.

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:31 PM
I'm young and it never seemed very hard to move out on my own to me. Or any of the young people I am freinds with around here.

I pay my own rent (and yes it is about $1000 a month plus utils) and bought the Lightning new. Not that hard to do, just went to college and got an avg. paying job.

I think silver was just venting and I agree, that it was pretty funny and I know the type of person he was talking about. If you don't consider yourself one of them, then don't take offense. I don't think he was making a blanket statement to deride all whippersnappers.

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:31 PM
|
Not the point

That quote was simply responding to someone's knuckle head comment, but my post wasn't souly about the comments.....it's about ones similar to that , that keep popping up. I dont' live at home for free, and if I did, I wouldn't take pride in it.

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:37 PM
F150online
Founder
I have NO IDEA where this came from, but since I saw this thread I want to ask a question to anyone and everyone here that has an opinion on it.

Do any of you know what it is like to volunteer a tremendous amount of your time, unpaid, for something that you love (i.e. your Lightning and the Lightning Community) to only get p*ssed upon for doing what you have been asked to do by the owner of a website, that is, enforcing the rules that everyone agrees to?

Do you realize the number of diverse personalities he has to deal with here, all that believe their opinion is the only one that matters?

Doug does a FANTASTIC job on these forums. He gets little public recognition for this job well done, but he sure as h*ll gets a lot of public bitching. Frankly, I don't want to lose him because of posts like this, that DO demonstrate a lack maturity and completely lack of professional TACT.

If you have a problem with what he is doing or take issue with something that he has said, contact him OFFLINE, because posts like this have NOTHING at all to do with Lightnings.

Thread closed by fuming mad webmaster.

Old 01-08-2002 | 12:45 PM
It was a simple analogy addressed DIRECTLY to one Member who misused the forum. IT is not my opinion of all young people. I was simply trying to get a point across. Yes it was a bit agressive. I meant it that way to get his attention.

I do have a problem with the general lack of maturity that crops up here every once in a while. It is that lack of maturity that causes most of the problems that I end up having to deal with. It has nothing to do with physical age.... EVERYTHING to do with the age you appear based on what you type and how you type it.

If you have issues with me send them to ME in email.

Thanks

Doug

PS Sorry Steve I was responding to the 2nd reply to this thread and got distracted for a few minutes. By the time I got back to it you had addessed the issue. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by Silver_2000; 01-08-2002 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling Silver_2000_;)!, What's your deal?