Lightning

max on upper pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002 | 01:55 PM
|
max on upper pulley?

What is the Max boost increase you can get out of an upper pulley? 1 to 2 pounds at the most?

Old 01-08-2002 | 02:09 PM
dude I run a 3 pound upper and a seven pound lower wtf why my truck is knocking now i dont know i guess i need to stop buying stopngo 87 octane gas lol hey why is my check engine light on now and dude this truck is a pos it uses 3 quarts of oil every 50 miles i think i am going to buy a dodge to hell with yall

Old 01-08-2002 | 02:11 PM
Wink

The biggest you can get for an upper pulley is a new quick change set up sold by sc performance. It will have a hub and up to three pulleys in sizes varying from 1.5# 3# and 5# and these will have three screws holding the pulley on. If you decide to run big upper and lower pulleys then i only have one thing to say."got rods" The one that has been used by most is the metco upper and is said to deliver 1 to 2#s of actual boost and is a quality piece if your looking for an upper pulley. The pulley set up from sc was offered to me but i have decided to run with just a lower this year or at least until i can get some aftermarket rods in.

Old 01-08-2002 | 02:13 PM
My post above was designed to look like the typical response of some of the idiots

All in good fun.

Old 01-08-2002 | 02:32 PM
MoP,

You forgot to mention...I took it to my friend's house who has a badazz Type-R ToyoNissAcurHonNeon that's the shiznet and gets all the skizzoes and runs 9's. I did some honkin' 9 mile smoky burnies in front of his crib and all the hoes were on my jock. After one of my burnies I heard a loud bang, followed by some knocking and lots of smoke...wtf? Am I supposed to have some of these laying in the driveway?

And does anyone know a mod friendly dealer who's not going to get all up in my grille and all over my tip who will warranty my motor. Ford builds nuttin' but POS's and this truck ain't the kind!

Last edited by Struck in AZ; 01-08-2002 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2002 | 03:24 PM
I can't see fitting a 5lb upper on that blower with out grinding down the snout. I to taked to paul form SC and he said he could, but I can't see it. My metco is a 1.5 upper and its DAMN close tot eh snout right now.

But that really doesn't matter! You need to realize that with making that upper pulley smaller your also loosing contact area for that belt to slip. You know when you get on your truck and you hear a loud scretching noise! thats your belt slipping like crazy!!!!! The lower pulleys are bigger which = more area for the belt to grip. so until you guys find a way to tighten that belt down up top so it doesn't slip, I wouldn't get an upper pulley. Why do I have an upper pulley? I made my own tensionoir, HAHAHAHA. and even when that belt is tighter then a 35 year old virgin, its still slips; trust me.

My advice, get a lower pulley first, then worry about the upper pulley. you can get from a 2lb to a 6lb pulley, so whats the problem.

Old 01-08-2002 | 04:35 PM
|
Masterofpain, I'm glad you made that second post, I thought you had some serious mental problems buddy.
Thanks for the info ibfast, just what I wanted to know.
RTKILLA, thanks for the good advice.

Quick Reply: max on upper pulley?