Lightning

Fontana track ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002 | 12:31 AM
|
Fontana track ?

So how was opepening day at California Speedway ?

Did they prep it good ?
Did you hook up ? or was it as slippery as last year?
Did they get there time display up ? so you can watch and see what people are running ? and not just get a time slip ?

I am going in the morning just to watch as we know Ford did not build the L to race just to look good.

Old 01-13-2002 | 04:09 AM
well, here's what I can tell you:

1. prep was decent - they actually spray VHT now and they didnt at all last season. I was running consistent 2.02 - 2.06 60's on F1's today (and I think I could have pulled out a 1.9x with a couple more runs).
I was the only one out there with F1's, so maybe the other guys can tell you how the E/T Streets hooked.
One thing I did notice was that the traction did not degrade throughout the day, stayed pretty consistent.

2. They did not get their time display up yet, hadnt heard that they were even getting one.

A few of us got there around 5 - 6am this morning, but the racing didnt even start until about 10am. I got two runs in by noon, and then 4 more in the afternoon - 13.26 @ 103 was my best for the day. All in all I had a great time, and hopefully will have a couple videos to post tomorrow!

Old 01-13-2002 | 08:08 AM
|
thanks for the info

Old 01-13-2002 | 04:40 PM
The average for Fontana. I couldn't get the ET Streets to hook well. 60' times in the 2.14-2.17 range. The truck would spin for a couple of feet, then hook up well . I think there wasn't any rubber that far back. Most of the vehicles were shorter wheelbase, and left rubber within 7-8 feet of the line. We start 10 feet back with the rear tires. ??? More on that later.

Temps were in the mid 80's (sorry you snow bound people), and the air was dry. I didn't check, but i'm guessing we racing around 2,500 feet corrected altitude.

I ran two 13.31's and a 13.39. One run was almost 105, in the morning.

I lightened the truck way up, and I think that was hurting the traction. I can get 1.88-1.87 at full weight. With the PSP 2# pulley and the new Swanson tune-up, it pulled well in the midrange.

Marcus, however was the man of the hour. He ran a great 13.18 and a 13.23. He may have run faster after I left, but that run was in the heat of the day.

Mike did well on his F-1's, He was running in the high 13.20's

Jim R. ran pretty well. He drilled me twice on the lights, but I caught him on the top end both times. The last time we raced, I cut a .509 light. When I left, all I saw was yellow, and I thought I had redlighted. Lucky guess on my part.

I had a lot of fun, and that's why we do it.

Old 01-13-2002 | 06:18 PM
Talking Nice Work!

Nice runs Jay! i gotta get myself some of those E/T Streets they seem to do the trick. Nice Job to Marcus as well looks like you got those problems fixed ! Cant wait to see what I pull next week when I go down to fontana with my new goodies

6lb pulley
New Chip Program
E/T streets
Denso Plugs

Was the track better prepared than last time we were there BTW?

-Sam

Old 01-13-2002 | 06:22 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Jay pretty much summed it up... compared to last season, the traction was a lot better, but it still can use some work.

It was definately a fun day. I did my best of a 13.1 @ 103 with a 60 ft. of 1.9x

I'm willing to best with the traction was better and it was slightly cooler, that all of the L's there would have been in the 12's. Here are a few pictures from the day. (Sorry Mike, I didn't get any of your runs)

Old 01-13-2002 | 09:22 PM
|
hummmmmm I dont think I like ET Streets

I got to the track and got through tech as they called my number group so I figure what the hell. I drop all the stuff out of the back of the truck and head for the staging lanes.

I cut a 2.02 60 on the f1's and ran 13.6 at 103.

#2 I put on the slicks and try them out for the first time. I had 19lbs air in them Ummmm Crqappy *** burn out. I forget to put it back into drive and 3/4 down the track see I am going in the red :( and back off and end up with 14.6 at 98 with a 2.3 60 :( I duno what happend to that slip :) so I am guessing at the numbers.

#3 again a crappy burn out and get 2.2 60ft and 13.6 at 102,9
#4 Ok SO I need to learn how to do a real burn out :( 2.4 13.9 at 102 :(

It was a kick in the pants but MAN the truck shure swings to the right when I start my burn out.I had a 99 CamaroSS with a line lock and that thing would not swing out at all even without the line lock.

Its kind of funny no one ever asked me crap about the SS and today I had tons of people asking me about the truck all day. And were suprised at a "truck" running 13.6 :) I also met alot of cool poeple.

So I need to learn to do a burn out or stick with the f1's

Old 01-18-2002 | 12:17 AM
Originally posted by BLackBoLT99
Jay pretty much summed it up... compared to last season, the traction was a lot better, but it still can use some work.

It was definately a fun day. I did my best of a 13.1 @ 103 with a 60 ft. of 1.9x

I'm willing to best with the traction was better and it was slightly cooler, that all of the L's there would have been in the 12's. Here are a few pictures from the day. (Sorry Mike, I didn't get any of your runs)

Marcus,

Great runs bro. Maybe you can swing by my house and I can roll to Carlsbad with you

Who knew trucks could even get to 0-60 in less than a 1/4 mile

Just joking guys. I met Marcus via this board maybe 6 months ago when I was interested in the L. Didn't end up with one, but I still love em.

socallightning,

Where in Chino are you and what color is your L? I don't see many around the Chino-Chino Hills area even though Chino Hills Ford consistently has 5+ on the lot.

Maybe I've seen you around...

Old 01-18-2002 | 07:31 PM
|
Its a black 2001. I have seen a couple there is another black 99 about 4 doors down from me. I live about 2 blocks east of the Police station in Chino.

I still dont have plates on it I am waiting for my custom ones to come in

Quick Reply: Fontana track ?