Lightning

I'm a proud but weary new member of the S. P. I. C.(re: spark plugs)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002 | 12:02 PM
Hey Jay Lincoln, interested in a set of heads for that 390 FE?
I have a set of cast iron 428's with 2.125 intakes, and 1.66
exhausts that were just hot tanked, 3 angled, and have all
new bronze guides, and etc. in them.
Marc

Old 01-22-2002 | 01:31 AM
Angry What about...

...a club for those who have failed the spark plug quest? I tried, but failed miserably... maybe one day I can talk about it, but it is too difficult an experience to relay at the moment.

No blood, everything seems to be working fine now, but there's always that niggling thought in the back of my mind...

Read my account here >>> SP Horror Story (long)

~rick

Last edited by SpoonDog_SVT; 01-22-2002 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-22-2002 | 08:20 AM
|
Spoondog:

Man, I empathize with you--especially the #4 plug. I didn't(btw, good attachment) remove anything(thank God) and finally(took one hour) to get the old out and the new one in. I got a 6" hematoma on the underside of my left forearm from rubbing back and forth on 'something'. Someone else posted about using a very special Snapon plug socket and I had ordered it. I believe it helped in that I never dropped a plug(old or new) or the socket. It's about 7 or 8" long and really grips the plug and eliminates the pulling of an extension out of the socket while it's hidden in the plug cavity. I do not look forward to doing it again .

Dan

Quick Reply: I'm a proud but weary new member of the S. P. I. C.(re: spark plugs)