Lightning

Paul's hi performance shocks and shackles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002 | 06:48 PM
|
Paul's hi performance shocks and shackles?

has anyone tried these i was just reading in mm and ff bout them using them. i just wanted some more trusting information. if u have them or no anything bout them, do they make the ride rougher, does it really help alot with hooking? does pauls hi performance have a web address? and bout how much are these things?

o and one more question. will jdm traction bars work with these as well?

Old 01-15-2002 | 07:32 PM
I just don't believe it! Somebody bought you books, sent you to school, paid extra for after-hour tutors, and cleaned your nose(among other things) and you're still askin' questions when you should have the answers!

You better lay off them onions and eat more peanuts 'cause I think you need the protein.

Dan

Old 01-15-2002 | 08:13 PM
|
hahaha im just surprised you can still read when is the last time u got new bifocles(or however u spell it) old man!!!

get ready for the 26th but dont do nuthin else. im just trying to learn more so my baby can do her best for me when the time comes for the long tubes.

Old 01-15-2002 | 08:27 PM
Re: Paul's hi performance shocks and shackles?

Originally posted by Rusty
has anyone tried these i was just reading in mm and ff bout them using them. and one more question. will jdm traction bars work with these as well?
Hey Onion boy

I don't know any thing about these shocks, but JDM has a set of adjustable rear race shocks, and he runs them with his traction bars. Since the JDM bars are just a weight transfer device, and also keep the axle from twisting, I would say any shock will work with them. I saw his shocks, and they do look sweet.

Old 01-15-2002 | 08:48 PM
I know a girl with 'long tubes' and she likes older guys.....LOL

Bring it on over Rusty--my L has got somethin' for you--if they let you in..............................

Ol' Dan

Old 01-15-2002 | 08:50 PM
|
thanks don i may have to check into these and jims shocks. mm and ff looks like they were bout to pull the tire off of the ground in the pic in this issue. do u know if anyone is pulling the tires? i saw sal's 11.20 run and it looks like he may have b/c the front of the truck was bouncing a bit.

thanks again. i need to change my name to onion boy hahaha.

Old 01-15-2002 | 09:01 PM
Rusty,

Lay off Dan. We are the middle Georgia GERITOL crowd. At our age if you run in the 12s you are sexually stimulated when you get home to the better half.

If my wheels and tires ever get here (ordered them from someone in the classifieds here 2 months ago) I plan to join you young guys at the track. Dan and I need the bed of our trucks to haul our other set of wheels......... wheelchairs.

Ron

Old 01-15-2002 | 09:06 PM
Rusty,
I race with a guy who had them installed. I do not think he was real happy for the amount of money he spent on them.

Old 01-15-2002 | 09:41 PM
Smile

These cost 500.00 + 75.00 shackles which i think is a bit high or maybe more than a bit high. I can't say i noticed a big improvement at the strip but just like the pinion snubber post,i put these on right before a head gasket problem which just got fixed last month so i guess the verdict is still out. Jeff this price does not include install,i did the shocks and shackles myself,but with the price i paid,i can see were you might have thought it included install. Rusty what did mm&ff have to say about the shocks?

Old 01-15-2002 | 09:44 PM
|
hey master, cmon down to the silver dollar tires or no tires its gonna be a blast and by the way i hope i have something that runs 12's when im as old as u guys are.yall crack me up. dan i got ya long tubes and ill show em to you but not on the 26th i got to see how bad i need them first. dans making me spend all this money just so i can "TRY" to beat the elderly aged man. and im not sure i ever will.....

but we will see on the 26th how much more im gonna need to do to catch him.

lightning jeff thanks for the info ill take it to heart. u may have just saved me some money.

Old 01-15-2002 | 09:50 PM
|
ib fast, they say they helped out i forget the exact times but it was a few issues ago i think they dropped close to a tenth but i take it like everything with a grain of salt. i know they pulled a 1.79 after and it seems like a high 8 be4 but u know as well as i do that could easily be done with a better prepped track or good conditions.

Old 01-15-2002 | 10:00 PM
I put the shocks and shackles on in the middle of summer. I have seen a best of 1.68 60 ft. with them. I think they work awsome!The only downfall is you can't haul alot of weight. I had two 250cc dirtbikes in the bed and bottomed out the shocks. My opinion is they are worth the money and it took me under two hours to put everything on!

Old 01-15-2002 | 10:08 PM
Rusty, try a set of Truck-Traks. They hook well. Sal was running them on th 11.20 I believe. They also sell for considerably less than $500. They are $279.

You can bolt them on in a matter of minutes with no disassembly of the rear springs.

Speaking of Dan, I think he's running them too.

Old 01-15-2002 | 10:38 PM
Rusty,

I will there if the tires come in. Currently I have the NITTO 305-55-18 ons since I drive it everyday. These tires changed my axle ratio to about a 3:23. No need in trying to run at the srtip with that ratio. Like adding an extra 1000 lbs of weight for out of the hole. However, 2000 rpm is about 77mph cruising on the interstate. I made the trade off when I put on a new set of tires.

However, if the wheels and tires show up. I will be there with my wheel chair and bottle. Don't know about Dan but I have to take a bottle of oxygen with me when running the quarter mile in the truck. To much excitement for me so I need some oxygen to breathe, especially after the bottle of GERITOL. Having chest pains thinking about it. LOL Almost as much fun as when I flew F-4s. Come to think about it at my age ...... I have to find that memory on the "Z" drive. You young guys might say the"Z" drive is B.C.

By the way Dan is older than me and he might not apprciate my re-marks when he reads them, but he will forget them in 10 minutes after reading them. Right Dan??????? However, he is older and I am uglier.... that comes with almost 30 years of military time now.

Ron

Old 01-15-2002 | 10:59 PM
Talking

Guys, it's almost 11:00. You know Dan goes to bed at 8:00! LOL

Quick Reply: Paul's hi performance shocks and shackles?