Lightning

Lack of Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lack of Power

When I first bought my Lightning Used from a guy It had za lot of power but lately Ive been noticing that the power has been lacking. Well Anyway I oredered the Intercooler(IC) from FORD and it came in on Wednesday. Today I took it to the Ford dealership and they did the recall and the wiper recall(i didnt even ask for that). Anyways I dropped it off at 7:00am and they called and said it was done at 11:00am the same day, yep they did both the recalls in 4 hours. Well when I got it back WOW there is a huge difference this thing hauls once again. I was very impressed what the new intercooler did. Just thought I would tell ya. I cant wait till my chip gets here on tuesday, then it will really haul.

Thanks
00 Silver L

Old 01-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Awesmome news, this is the kind of post I want to see.

Old 01-18-2002, 08:29 PM
Was your intercooler drained empty of coolent. It seems a little strange that the cooler would make that much differance unless it wasn't working.

Now that you have a nice new clean intercooler, you may want to plug the vent line that goes from the drivers side valve cover to the rubber air intake hose and then get a Ford breather cap that screws into the oil cap tube on the other valve cover. This will keep the oil from going thru the blower and collecting dirt on the intercooler fins.

Hope this helps

Andy

Old 01-18-2002, 08:40 PM
hmmm

does anyone agree with this last post. I'm interested in whether this is worth doing....i thought i read that there was problems when removing this tube and you had to have your chips recallibrated for this......

Old 01-18-2002, 09:19 PM
tallimeca

E-Mail me at awhittle@ncs-stl.

add com to the end on my address

Quick Reply: Lack of Power