Lightning

For those with fuel cells - fuel system-

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002 | 02:53 PM
|
Question For those with fuel cells - fuel system-

Did you use the factory fuel pumps?
I have searched and also have questions as to whether or not inline fuel pumps can be used. I read that they shouldn't be used in conjuction with an in-tank fuel pump because they can cause cavitation? Can they be used by themselves?
Also the fuel regulator? Did you change that out for another? Should the fuel lines and rails also be changed out? The fuel lines look pretty small and the filter extremely small.
Thanks

Old 01-21-2002 | 04:49 PM
check out www.cprracing.com they are making new fuel rails that will have the fuel pressure regulator in the rail completly adjustable if you call them tell them rob sent ya

p.s. they are installing a completly new fuel system in my truck in the next few weeks including external pump new lines filter and possibly a fuel cell (haven't made my mind up on that yet)

Old 01-21-2002 | 04:58 PM
|
On your external pump, I've read that using that in conjuction with the stock pumps that it may cause cavitation. Is this right or wrong? Do you plan on still using the stock in tank pumps if you don't go with a fuel cell?

Last edited by easterisland; 01-21-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2002 | 05:08 PM
cpr has a in tank pickup that has no pump attached so if i stick with the tank then i'll pull the pump and use an external
i know there's not much on his site but he is working on a kit to replace the stock rails using the stock fuel lines if your on a budget you'll be able to piece it together as you go

Old 01-21-2002 | 07:22 PM
RDY2RCE:

I'm interested in hearing about the fuel filter. Ours is awfully small and the CM filter won't fit a L.

Dan

Old 01-21-2002 | 07:27 PM
robert whats up man i emailed u about a week ago guess it didnt get there. shoot me an email when you can
shawn

Old 01-22-2002 | 04:53 AM
hey shawn

i replied back to you, might be that mediaone switch to comcast thing, but everthing is going good my little girl shouldbe here any day now

Quick Reply: For those with fuel cells - fuel system-