Lightning

Exhaust tone

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002 | 02:02 AM
|
Exhaust tone

I read in a post below about "sounding different". Forgive my ignorance... just a prospective lightning buyer... =) What did you do you yours to make them sound "different"? Exhaust?

Old 01-25-2002 | 07:39 AM
I got a Mangaflow 14468 (stainless). No power increase, but it sounds awsome!!

Others go with the complete Bassani cat-back. An excellent system but costs around $700 vs $130 for the Magnaflow. Aluminized Magnaflows are also available at less cost.

Most people recommend going with either of these two options and not a chambered type muffler like the Flowmaster. Flowmasters are good mufflers, just not the best for our trucks.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-25-2002 | 08:00 AM
Re: Exhaust tone

Originally posted by Guapo
I read in a post below about "sounding different". Forgive my ignorance... just a prospective lightning buyer... =) What did you do you yours to make them sound "different"? Exhaust?
If you were referring to the thread about other L owners not acknowledging one of 'us' then the 'sound' that was mentioned was the sound our open intakes and faster spinning s/cs make when the throttle is opened quickly. This 'sound' is a wonderful blending of supersonic air being eager to get into the combustion chambers and its compression--or something like that . It often is louder and more noticeable than the exhaust, especially if the exhaust is still stock as mine is.

Btw, Magnaflows are sweet--right 01?

Dan

Old 01-25-2002 | 09:28 AM
Yes they are! Mine sounds better every day.

See you at the track, Dan!

Quick Reply: Exhaust tone