Lightning

PSP 4lber is on :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSP 4lber is on :)

The 6lb pulley was not avalaible quite yet from Sal so I went ahead and ordred the 4lb to keep me happy for awhile. When I got the 2/3 lb pulley it did not seem to much larger then the stock one <shrug> but it was worth a solid 2.5psi according to peak hold function on my boost gauge and the truck made a solid 14psi in cold air (pic one).

However the 4lb pulley and my reburned chip showed today as promised (PSP has yet to not back up a promise or give good advice IMHO). I had the stock pulley at work so I natrually compared the two and the stock pulley almost fit inside the new 4lb pulley This thing is considerbly larger then the stock pulley.

I got home about 9pm tonight after some dinner with some freinds and decided I could not wait till morning to install the reburned chip and the new pulley so I headed to the garage and started to work. I installed the 2lb pulley and chip on a lift at work and i wont do it on my back again, to much of a pita for me. Anyway it was all straight forward and I took some pics of the 2lb Vs. the 4lb pulley while I had them both out. (pics 2 and 3)

I did not drive the truck as it would have pissed off my neighbors pretty bad with me screaming up and down the road near our subdivision at midnight with the bassani and blower screaming for bloody murder I did start and let it warm and all was good, the chip was working like it should and I wanted it to re learn the idle and what not....

Anyhoo - I am going to bed - I will post my impressions of the new setup sometime tommrro night as I will be pulling the drive train out of freinds 93 supra in preperation for some serious horsepower all day.

Bob

Oh yeah I gonna let Sal install and tune one of his NX kits when I am in NY in June to visit family and attend the mod motor shootout in MD.

Old 01-26-2002, 01:23 AM
Pulley comparison (i tried to center it as best as i could but you get the idea)

Old 01-26-2002, 01:24 AM
#2 comparison

Old 01-26-2002, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the info Bob. Make sure you ask Sal about Maf exceedence... He has not answered me on the subject.

Old 01-26-2002, 08:16 AM
uhhh, umm, so this means you're not gonna make it to SDR this mornin'? We're gonna miss ya!

Dan

Old 01-26-2002, 08:34 AM
ahhhh the pleasures of living in the GHETTO! I can blast down the street with the cutout at 2 in the morning

Old 01-26-2002, 09:01 AM
I found

http://www.defi-shop.com/dgauge/dg_frm.htm

They don't talk about peak hold. Where did you get the gauge?

in

Andy

Last edited by awhittle; 01-26-2002 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2002, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the report Bob. You are right about Sal, he's a gentleman to work with. Iam also considering the NX kit, hmmmm group buy Iam only an hour away, let me know when you make it up[IMG] [/IMG]

Old 01-26-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by awhittle
I found

http://www.defi-shop.com/dgauge/dg_frm.htm

They don't talk about peak hold. Where did you get the gauge?

in

Andy
Thnaks for the resposes guys, I am getting ready to make the F1's beg or mercy

awhittle,

The link you posted above is for Defi's new line of guages (D series) that are coming out soon, they are nice but they are there economy series of gauges. The one's I have are $$$$$ (avg cost $220.00 each) and have all the functions, including peak holds and 40sec replay.

Here is a link to defis page>>>

http://www.defi-shop.com/defilink/us...nu/opefrm.html

Do a search for "defi" here and you will find a bunch of info i posted about them, I wont have another brand of gauge now that I have these, they are goods (IMHO)

Bob

Old 01-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Way cool. RoadRash You need one of these. HEHE

Andy

Old 01-26-2002, 01:00 PM
Cool

Bob,

The general rule of thumb is about 1/2" larger for every 2#'s of extra boost. The outside lip can be larger from pulley to pulley.

Quick Reply: PSP 4lber is on :)