Lightning

Ran a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002 | 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Jay Lincoln
celltech, I all comes down to the driver. I've raced vettes at the track to and smoked them too.

The six speed cars are a little tricky to launch. If they spin, they loose. If they don't, they usually stay a conple of lengths back.
And if their willing to torture the clutch off the line......FUHHGEDDABOUDIT! They're gone!

Old 01-27-2002 | 07:15 PM
Masterloggie,

chime in here. He just came over to my house to give me a CD he burned with pics from our SDR 1/4 racin' yesterday. Thank you Ron!

He told me about a C5(yellow, d/k if it was a Z06?) that ran against a Sentra(I think?) and lost. Oh yeah, the Sentra had(I saw it in the lanes earlier) a BIG 4-banger Nissan DOHC motor with a turbo-charger. It must have been so funny because the vette was so bright an' puuurtey(sic) and the Sentra was primered(or very dull grey/brown) with a white rt, front fender . Maybe Ron knows the ets? Btw, the vette never came back................13.xxx, I think.

I know this isn't applicable to the L vs. Z06 street kill--just funny .

Dan

Old 01-27-2002 | 10:07 PM
Dan that wasnt a Z06...the silver Z06 ran 12.2 on motor and like 11.2 on a 100 shot on stock goodyear tires. That turbo import had 12s in it for sure as his first run ever was a 13.5 on a 2.5 60' at 113 mph Dan i emailed you a link to the vid i took of you

Old 01-27-2002 | 11:21 PM
Originally posted by cablebandit
Dan that wasnt a Z06...the silver Z06 ran 12.2 on motor and like 11.2 on a 100 shot on stock goodyear tires. That turbo import had 12s in it for sure as his first run ever was a 13.5 on a 2.5 60' at 113 mph Dan i emailed you a link to the vid i took of you
Would that happen to be Optic? The last I heard he was running 11.4xx's on a 75(?) shot, I think....

Old 01-28-2002 | 01:36 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Man, anyone remember about a year and a half ago? All the LS1.com people heard stories from people that heard stories about our Lightnings; and them being fast.

As fast as their cars.

Then they asked what kind of truck, <Ford Lightning> then they said they werent fast, they were high 14s. They obviously meant the 1st generation Lightning. Off they went laughing, and slowly but sure some of us Lightning guys started to post kill stories.

Ofcourse none of the fbody guys wanted to admit it, they had (and still do) their hands full with our trucks. I would post absurd kill stories about beating 3 different BRAND NEW C5 CORVETTES to 100, and no one would beleive.

Then I posted a video and they all shut-up and admitted the fact that these trucks indeed are something to fear from stoplight to stoplight.

Just like their cars can breathe like a firestorm on the top end, our trucks can pin us into the seat from a stop. I beleive the kill, and I intend to race a silver one up here as soon as c5Z06 hunting season opens up. Just as long as I don't blow my engine.

Old 01-28-2002 | 06:48 AM
Yeah it was Optic. He ran the 11.4 on basically 7 cylinders as one plug had almost no electrode left and you are right it was a 75 shot instead of 100. I got him confused with Ron who ran 11.02 at 126+ with heads/cam Ls1 and a 100 shot.
Still....on the street anything can happen and a win is a win

Quick Reply: Ran a Z06