Lightning

Dishonest Seller in the F-150 Classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002 | 10:33 PM
|
Dishonest Seller in the F-150 Classifieds

Finally after over 2 months and many promises from a person I sent a money order to that advertised in the F-150 Classifieds... I think it is time to go public with this. I hope this keeps anyone else from doing business with this person. I am sure by me making this post I will never recover the funds, but enough is enough. So here it goes.

20 November 2001 I sent Dawn Sperber of Sarasota Florida a money order for wheels and drag radials she had advertised in the classifieds. She acknowledged receipt of funds and told me she would ship. Excuses and time rolled on: vacation, holidays, moving, etc.(her excuses in Emails). I then posted a the thread the Fla members to see if any of them knew her. Within one day I got another Email from her stating I was not the victiom of a scam and that she had over promised and under delivered. She promised in this Email I would receive a tracking number last week to show she was not scamming me. Well, to this day I have received a tracking number nor another Email. Last night I sent Dawn Sperber and Email letting her know that if I did not receive a tracking number by the time I got home today I was going to post this on the F-150 board. So I have posted and you know her name and where she lives and hope no one elses get the shaft as I have.

Everyone else I have done business with on this board is honest and deliver. I think I have said enough.

Old 01-28-2002 | 10:40 PM
Too bad.. I'm sorry to here that. Maybe a a fellow L owner who lives near buy can check out why you did not get your stuff... Jeff

Old 01-28-2002 | 10:44 PM
That sucks man, I hate to see this happen. Everyone I have delt with has been good to me so far. I try to be far as I want others to be. I wish I could help man... Give someone close the address and see if they can get up with her....

Old 01-28-2002 | 10:53 PM
Unhappy

Very, Very sad

Old 01-28-2002 | 10:55 PM
|
address money order sent to:
Dawn Sperber
6635 Markridge Place
Sarasota, FL 34231

research thorugh internet comes up with:
Dawn Sperber
6142 Turnbury Park Drive
Sarasota, FL
(941) 360-9557

I have called this number and no one answers. I believe this is where she moved from. I have no idea what the address is I sent the money order too. However, I know she received the money order at that address.

Old 01-28-2002 | 11:15 PM
Unhappy

masterloggie, im very sorry to hear bout your loss maybe everyone can learn something by it if anything. it truly sux to have your hard earned money ripped off by a scam. i wish i knew what to tell u but i dont.

o and im sorry i didnt get a chance to talk with you a little more on saturday it was kinda hectic and i was trying to get back in line be4 the close of the lanes. but i would like to talk to u someother time at sdr maybe in the near future.

sorry again

Old 01-28-2002 | 11:49 PM
I remember last year buying some computer parts online from ebay. After a shart while i realized i needed to ask a question of one of the products i had bid on to the seller. I wrote a business email letter to them asking the question very nicely. Soon enough i got an answer that had no use of punctuation, very many mispelled words, and terrible grammar. Now i am no english teacher, in fact i rarely use correct grammer in posts here, but i will never do business with a company who can't spell or even take a second to write a formal letter. When all you have to go on with a sale is someone's own posted ad, its tough to judge wether to even trust its a legit company. At that point i retracted my bid and posted the reason why as i have no trust for a business that can't take the time to even spell the name of the product they are selling in our communications.

At this point the guy just got so pissed at me he threatened to sue for slander etc. Each email he sent me was nastier and nastier, with more cussing added to each email, along with even worse language, and more threatening with legal action. All i did was keep emailing back more formal very well mannored emails to him in reply of what he was saying. Then after i just got sick of it, i sent him a copy of each of his emails and explained to him that he's not no corse for legal action at all cause each email that he sent to me is far more slanderous then anything i ever did for him. I never heard back from the guy but i'm sure he's still out there somewhere.

I guess what i got to say is,, this guy was an idiot, it just proves you never know who you are buying from.

Old 01-28-2002 | 11:57 PM
Exclamation

Bitch!!!!

Old 01-29-2002 | 12:06 AM
that does suck

that does suck. getting scammed is a terrible feeling. sorry to here about it. hope you can get your money back some how. but seriously, try to get one of the local L owners or even local reg. 150 owners to help. if it was close i would help. good luck.

A

Old 01-29-2002 | 12:30 AM
Man sorry to hear you got ripped off. I built my own philosophy a few years back based on events that are similar to yours with all the Mustangs I have owned in the past. It is as simple as this: If you are going to do something go out and find the best product from the best vendor and just pay whatever it takes to get the job done right the first time. In the long run you will be much much happier and you will save money as well. Before I buy that latest greatest part I always follow my philosophy, kick myself for spending so much money on my vehicle, then never look back grinning ear to ear all the way! Hope this helps :/

Sam

Old 01-29-2002 | 12:42 AM
Internet Scams. File a complaint with the FTC and your Florida District Atty.

Not much consolation, but if she isn't caught and punished, you won't be the last one scammed.

Old 01-29-2002 | 12:48 AM
I had this happen to me about a year and a half ago when I bought a stero for my L. The guy at Ebay told me to file a fraud case with the united states postal service. He said that it is considered mail fraud since the money order was sent through the mail. I didn't have the address anymore that I sent it to because it was so long, but the Ebay rep said that you can really $krew someone who rips you off by doing this.

Old 01-29-2002 | 04:56 AM
If you mailed a money order to her, wouldn't that make it mail fraud? File, File, File my her a$$ burn in hell. BTW....EVERYBODY that I have dealt with, and there have been many, from this board have been straight honest and a pleasure to buy from

Old 01-29-2002 | 06:22 AM
Fast Gator:

I think you're right. When I first started buying various things from ebay, a friend and experienced ebayer told me to always pay with a US Postal Service money order. That way if you ever get ripped off, it is considered mail faud and the FBI will investigate.

I'm just a Canuck working in the States so I can't comment about the FBI part. All I know about the FBI I learned from 'Die Hard' and 'The X-Files'.

Seriously though, Masterloggie I hope you find a way to either get your wheels and tires or your money back. There's nothing worse than being ripped off for your hard earned money. Good luck.

Old 01-29-2002 | 06:47 AM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Ya gotta read this!!

'loggie,

check this thread out on one person's battle with these types of individuals.

It is long but well worth it.

Anyone know Joe Cipolla?

Bob

Quick Reply: Dishonest Seller in the F-150 Classifieds