Lightning

The new Twin Turbo Trailblazer: is it a major threat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002 | 11:41 AM
|
Question The new Twin Turbo Trailblazer: is it a major threat?

Just was reading the latest motor trend with the 03' cobra and happened to notice this twin turbo trailblazer. I don't know if its up for production but from the numbers I read, seems like it might be a problem for our stock Ls. 0-60 in 5.2 sec 1/4 mile 13.5. It seems kinda strange for a 4door SUV to perform like our trucks and run those times..What do you guys think?

Old 02-02-2002 | 11:50 AM
NO PRODUCTION ON THAT EVER!!!!

I read about that a while ago, and they said at the time that they were working on a turbo'd in-line 6 SUV...............output at roughly 370-400hp. Production not expected.

What I did read also though, was that you might can expect that engine to be available with whatever replaces the F-bodies (Camaro, Firebird) in '05, or whatever year they decide to bring it back. And now, with the introduction of a SC/d Cobra, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this becomes a factual implementation.

HMMM.......starting to look like the good 'ol late 60's!!!!

JC

Old 02-02-2002 | 11:58 AM
Yeah... no kidding. It's like all the major car companies held meetings, and asked themselves "What does Tim want to buy?"
Chrysler is reintroducing the Hemi C, Dodge is bringing back the Charger, Pontiac promises a GTO, Ford finally made their Cobra worth buying, Dodge is comming out with their monster Viper truck, and rumors of an improved lightning... Too many choices. I don't know if I should be happy about that, though... makes it too hard for me. =)

Old 02-02-2002 | 04:44 PM
Do like the BBQMAN

buy one of each, OR SOMETHING !

Old 02-02-2002 | 04:59 PM
A while back, I heard something about a "Second Golden Age". Maybe this is it.... it's close, anyway. Too bad GM didn't let it's two great muscle cars stay around long enough to see it...
Oh well

Last edited by Guapo; 02-02-2002 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2002 | 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Guapo
A while back, I heard something about a "Second Golden Age". Maybe this is it.... it's close, anyway. Too bad GM's didn't let it's two great muscle cars stay around long enough to see it...
Oh well
It's very likely that we'll hear those names again some time in the future. It's just a matter of when.

Quick Reply: The new Twin Turbo Trailblazer: is it a major threat?