Lightning

Oil in the intake and detonation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002 | 06:35 PM
It's a Classic Roadsters 427 Cobra Replica. It's now a 306 small block, but soon to receive a maximum effort 415 Windsor..

It ought to be real exciting at 2200 lbs.

Old 02-05-2002 | 06:43 PM
Awesome, Jay!

My buddy went crazy and spent an extra 10,000 to put the 428 in it. He's also has a 5 speed Tremec in it. Needless to say those cars rock.

Old 02-05-2002 | 08:45 PM
Originally posted by RhinoSlug
Lightenrod-I tried that PVC valve part number at the site and they said it was not found. Can you provide a link to the exact page?

Jay Lincoln- Whatta got over in the corner there? Looks to me like a 65 AC Cobra? Am I correct? If so, kit or original. I had the priveledge to drive my buddies kit around after it got put together and it was bad a$$.
If you go to their main page(the site I posted) and then insert 777K52(no spaces), it will bring up that page--they're on it.

Btw, the ball bearing is the easier of the two methods and that's what I have done.

The PCM has nothing to do with the control of the PCV system--it operates off of eng. vacuum--no electrical connections.

Just pull the hose off of the PCV elbow(rt. cam cover) and place the 7/16" ball bearing in the end of the 3/8" hose(it's not going anywhere) and then push the hose back on to the PCV elbow. Now no 'pressure' can force oil up to the intake--the PCV is 'crippled' but the breather filter(s) allow the crankcase to breathe. I've had mine in for 5-600 miles with no 'worries' including two days at the track. One of the tuners told me how to do this.

Dan

Quick Reply: Oil in the intake and detonation?