Lightning

Moved threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002 | 06:36 PM
Well, Here's my $.02 Cents!

It seems some of these L guys think they're better then us non-L guys. Now, I'm not talking about ALL the L guys. Just seems when we reply to an L question, it gets looked over like we have no clue what were talking about. So, it was a useless post. I don't even bother anymore. What do we know, we own 4X4's. At least I do. Or not an L. All I can say is, your L's are fast, how fast on a dirt trail, or mud. See if you can keep up with my 4X4 Off-Road. Also, my truck is just as nice as your L's. If not nicer then some I've seen. Really guys, I love L's, but, there's a thing called overkill. I won't mention any names. Anyway, there the same freaking truck, different motors. It's a F-150. You guys whine like you've made this site. You want to flame me, go ahead, but leave the rest of online out. This is my opinion, not there's. Talk to us. We talk to you guys. It seems like anymore this place should be called F-150ONLIGHTNING. If it's non-L related. Put it in the General Discussion or whatever it pertains to. Us non-L owners don't bite. Were a good bunch people here. I'm a good person too, I just get tired of posting to you guys, an get nothing in return. I only try to help. Try it sometime.

Last edited by RAM AIR; 02-10-2002 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2002 | 06:49 PM
F-150 Ram Air ,
Think I'll have to agree with you on this one...The L is just a
friggin pickup that happens to be fast..... ........JR

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SLVRLTNG
F-150 Ram Air ,
Think I'll have to agree with you on this one...The L is just a
friggin pickup that happens to be fast..... ........JR
Now don't start doggin the Lightnings heheh..

The problem is laziness on the part of the Lightning forum users. Is it REALLY that difficult to post your stereo quistion in the Audio forum?

/me puts on flame suit

I have a solution no one has mentioned, delete the Lightning forum altogether. If it makes the search work again, I'm all for it. Anyone else? What % of users would benefit vs. not??

Now the only way to read new messages is to go forum by forum. That sucks ***.

The Supercrew forum will end up the same way as the Lighntning forum I'm sure... Neither one can seem to spell out the whole name of the trucks

Last edited by 2000 F150 4x4; 02-10-2002 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2002 | 07:04 PM
|
Re: Well, Here's my $.02 Cents!

Originally posted by F-150 Ram Air
It seems some of these L guys think they're better then us non-L guys Talk to us. We talk to you guys. Us non-L owners don't bite. Were a good bunch people here. I'm a good person too
F-150 Ram Air I agree with you, all the people I have ever talked to have been great. The point of my post was not ment as a flame to anyone. I was just trying to find out why most off topic posts never get moved and a few off topic posts that I was interested did.

I also want to thank every one for their opinions, weather or not you agreed with my post or not. I learned a lot about what Steve goes through to keep the site up and running, and I think we all owe him a big thank you.

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:15 PM
Exclamation other forums there are alot of them!

LightnigRod

yes

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CrazyFoo
Are there any other forums?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here are a few good one's
http://www.nloc.net/forum/index.php
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/index.php?s=

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:27 PM
Lets face it though,, the lightning forums are huge,, i post stereo questions here cause the L stock stereo sucks,, and most f150 extended cab and supercrew systems are actually not so bad for a factory unit. Also, there is limited room for components on a lightning, i had a 4x4 before my L and i definately think there are lots of questions that mostly L users could answer better,,, it'd be hard to single out just the regular cab truck drivers, and the purpose i even use a forum is to have information at my fingertips,, seems like no matter what the problem someone can help with an answer that i needed. Even if they only refer me to a post in a different forum in the f150 group. I can't help but to hate hearing all this bickering about which posts go where,,,, if I got blasted and told i was stupid cause i posted in the wrong section of the forum,, there'd be no way i'd ever come back to this forum. Thats a big problem that i've seen in othere forums, too many people complaining about posts in the wrong forum, and not enough helping going on,,, can't we all just get along

I've seen a lot of nice f150's,, in fact i've never not owned a truck ( except of course for the first car i got for el cheapo price ) The reason why i center twords the lightning board is because no one ever complains about my post and where i stuck it,, and if its too far off topic it quietly gets moved,,, thats something i don't mind at all.

Maybe people wouldn't worry so much about moved posts if there were a seperate page which just listed all the moved posts and where they were moved to,, not a link to the post, just a list stating where they were put so we can keep up on seeing what everyone's up to.

~Toast

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:35 PM
Don's Bolt,

I'm not trying to start anything. I hope you realize that. I just want people to realize there's more to ONLINE then the L forum. I don't have anything against you guys, I love L's, it's just the 4X4 meets my needs. Hopefully, later on, I'll get an L to fit my other need. Know what I mean. You L owners are a great bunch of guys. It's the some that ruin it for the others.

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:39 PM
whitetoast11,

You mean to tell me that the L radio is different then the 4X4's or supercrew. Come on. There the same radio.

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:41 PM
F150online
Founder
Ok all, let's calm down a little bit...I believe that this thread is VERY important and I want to keep the discussion as civil, informative, intelligent and mature as possible.

I'd rather not see it degrade into an L vs non-L argument...which is exactly what we are trying to avoid as a community.

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:42 PM
Lightbulb

well I like everything being in one forum and I don't care if some are off topic. I NEVER go to the other forums on F150 because I don't care what people that don't have a Lightning have to say. Not that we are better than they are, I just don't care what you have to say.

HALO has one of those artsy-fartsy 15 forum websites and it sucks. You have go back and forth and up and down and its really rediculos considering they have 1/20 or less of the posts here.

If you want to remove threads remove the dam same questions threads. If you removed them your threads would decrease more than 50%.

Lets look at the current topics on the front page. Bassani or Magnaflow, boy there a new one, gauge selection wow, how original, air box cutout, what a joke, nitto tires, how many of those are there, should I reprogram my chip? duh, hard starting, How do I remove orange peel, what do you guys pay for insurance, brother!, another chip reburn. Remove these and the invites for those who evidently have no club forum and 50% of the post would disappear. The only interesting topic on the front page is on the door chime.

If you look at the frequency of post of all the old members you will find they are posting at a rate of only 10% of what they use to. What will you do Steve when they quite making Ls after 03 and you don't have all the newbie making repetitive post that keeps your numbers up? Hopefully you sell it before then and make BIG BUCKS.

I use to come here every day first and many times a day. Now the only thing of interest here is the occacasional flame wars.
Too bad JL's Diabalo chip blew up all those engines. I hear he sent you a real nasty email over my poll? Sorry Johnny, you may be a nice guy and a Christian but you chip has had a major problem.

remove non topic post and you will have very little left.
noelvm

Last edited by noelvm; 02-10-2002 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2002 | 07:44 PM
|
Originally posted by F-150 Ram Air
Don's Bolt,

I'm not trying to start anything. I hope you realize that.
No problem I never thought you were trying to start anything.
Like you I used to have a 4x4 and I loved the truck, I still go over to some of the other forums, and allways try to help people out.

attached is the 4x4

Old 02-10-2002 | 07:51 PM
F150online
Founder
Noelvm,

As I started to read your post, I paid close attention to your thoughts, as you have been part of this community for a long time and have shared some valuable observations and made some excellent suggestions.

However, when the post evolved into ignorant conjecture of "what will I do" regarding the site in the future and patently false, unjustified, hilariously biased and obviously uninformed claims about the content of an email from JL, it held no further value for me or this community.

I would suggest avoiding posting crap like this in the future and if you find it so distasteful being here, I don't see anybody forcing you to be here or post here.

Now...let please get back on topic.

Last edited by webmaster; 02-10-2002 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2002 | 07:58 PM
f150 ram air,,, maybe my ears are crazy,, and i know the headunit is the same,,, but i remember in the 4x4 being very suprised at the stock speaker system,,,, i can't help but it say how painful it was to even listen to the system in my L. It was insulting to even listen to it. i think the difference is the extended cabs i thought had 6 speakers instead of 4,, i still may be wrong though, it was interesting to see all the different ways people with regular cab trucks were able to squeaze their subs in their trucks behind their seats,, ended up building my own custom boxes after seeing a few pics.

Sorry for being off topic there though. From the looks of it when i first signed on to this site though, there just seemed to be much more activity in the L forum, i used to visit the forum before i even had one, as i'm sure many people on this board do. After time i now read other boards as well to see what else is out there.

Old 02-10-2002 | 08:14 PM
Don's Bolt,

Nice truck Don. I like those rims. Plus, thanks for understanding.

(F-150, sorry I had to edit that out, otherwise this thread would have gone downhill faster than...ok, I cannot come up with a funny similie) How's this.

Sorry Steve, I will stay on topic from here on in. I just had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by RAM AIR; 02-10-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2002 | 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 2000 F150 4x4
...The Supercrew forum will end up the same way as the Lighntning forum I'm sure... Neither one can seem to spell out the whole name of the trucks
LOL, that one is great

Quick Reply: Moved threads