Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002 | 08:28 PM
I Know, I know,
look at this format(flame suit on and tight),
http://www.nloc.net/forum/index.php?

yes i know it's NOT NEW to anyone, but it seems to work....JR
I also know who some of the moderators are over there

Old 02-10-2002 | 08:29 PM
well I like everything being in one forum and I don't care if some are off topic. I NEVER go to the other forums on F150 because I don't care what people that don't have a Lightning have to say. Not that we are better than they are, I just don't care what you have to say.

How important is this section to this site?
This is something I have not seen on any other section. Granted, I have not regularly visited every other section. This just seems kind of arrogant to me. Is it the cost of the particular configuration? Is it the forced induction? These are things that can be replicated on other sections. Is it the shear numbers? There is one member that I can think of that has generated Lightning numbers, N/A. I just don't get it. Poeple who don't care? Is there room for that type here?
It's not like people want things to change that drasticly. Just some help to keep things in order. Maybe there is more room for a large ego at a Mercedes site.
So what is it. The forced induction or the list price that seperates us?

Old 02-10-2002 | 08:34 PM
this site still is the best i've read, i usually dont care where the posts go after i get my answer from them anyways,,, as long as i know where the thread went so i can go get it when i need to read it over again cause i'm retarted.

Old 02-10-2002 | 08:46 PM
That's ok for the edit. I understand. I'll put up the smilie up for yea.

Old 02-10-2002 | 08:58 PM
F150 Ram Air
Thanks for editing the post.... I know its tough to hold back sometimes.... Feels better just typing it doesnt it ... You have no idea how often I delete my own posts

If the tomcat was animated I would have bowed...LOL

Doug

Old 02-10-2002 | 09:03 PM
F150online
Founder
no, no. similie, not smily, but I do like your choice.

Old 02-10-2002 | 09:29 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
wittom,

Have you been watching Fight Club?

Old 02-10-2002 | 09:40 PM
Fight Club? I don't know what that is. Is it on TV? I don't get a chance to watch TV. I'm too busy waiting for one of you to respond to my nonsense. It takes up all my spare time.
I'm back to work tomarrow, so I won't be using up space here. I've had the weekend off. I have no life. (Like I'm that different from any one else here! )
There is nothing happening elsewhere on the boards. I gotta say something.
This will end up on page 3 or 4 in a few hours, and quickly forgotten. Just trying for my 15 seconds of fame.

Thanks.................

Old 02-10-2002 | 09:43 PM
LPD
Originally posted by wittom
LPD,
The way that I see it your "non-lightning related... nothing to see here" post got the ball rolling. Your fellow members were requesting that you post that some where else. Will they follow your lead?
Hmm, I had the impression this got going because a number of active O/T threads got moved (I'm thinking the garage thread in particular) and a few people didn't like it. I'm not a regular here, no one here knows me, and the only people who replied were people telling me not to post off topic. I doubt that this thread has much to do with little old me, other than the fact I happened be around when this conversation got going.

Webmaster:
My suggestions were based on users compaining about having to wade through off-topic posts. If they are marked off-topic, no need to look, no time wasted, no wading. I was not aware that you were having technical problems with your system due to off-topic posts. This more or less illustrates that I don't hang out here enough to be qualified to make suggestions in the first place.

Having said that, and acknowledging that nothing I am going to say is useful or relevent to you, I would like to clarify my comments if I may.

My comments were less technology related and more to the fact that people who hang out together in tight knit groups like to have O/T conversations from time to time, and as long as they are marked as such and it doesn't get out of control, everybody is happy. Telling them to go to a forum with a different user population is not what they want to hear. People from the other user populations flaming them because they like being a tight-knit group probably isn't very productive either.

I sympathize with your dillima. If off topic posting has really gotten to be 1 in 5 messages and you can't build indexes where the searches aren't killing your server, then something has to be done.

Ok, I'll be quiet now.

Last edited by LPD; 02-10-2002 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2002 | 10:11 PM
LPD,
I am not a regular on the Lightning section myself. I didn't catch wind of this untill I saw topics popping up in the General Disscussion. I saw yours. I read that people from the Lightning section were (to put it politely) requesting that you post about a Pontiac (which is a beautiful car I might add) in a different section.
You know you are more than welcome here. There are many people who can appreciate your interest in muscle car heritage. I guess the point is that in order for things to work well for all of us, it is necessary to have some kind of organization.
Hey. It's the weekend. Everything will be back to the way it was in just a few hours. We can wait till it really messes something up on this site before we "discuss" it again.
I need to figure out how to turn this computer off.

Tom

Old 02-10-2002 | 10:57 PM
ok

Hold your breather, here's my pennies.

First of all, everyone who reads this should go to the main forum login and take notice to something......if you add up all the other posts and threads from all the other forums, it's still less than what's in the lightning forum. Which means there are probably more registered users here creating traffic in the lightning forum than anywhere else. Considering the fact that the majority of the traffic on this forum is from Lightning owners......all the traffic is quite alot considering there are less the 20k of these trucks that are in existance!!!

Maybe creating sub-lightning forums isn't such a bad idea. I'm not sure if the subforum issue will help reduce the load of the search function, but if so, that might be just another good reason for the webmaster to consider it. Lighting tech questions, Lightning audio/appearance, Lightning drive train? I'm sure by looking at the posts, there is a logical breakdown. This is the largest lightning forum to my knowledge, and the webmaster should be proud as hell to know that. But, at the same time understand with with all this traffic, there are bound to be off topic posts. Daily visitors such as myself, read down the list and I don't mind off topic posts, within reason. I can agree with most that posts such as talking about breading your ****zu or how you spilled a bucket of driveway sealer and wrecked your shoes really don't belong here(or anywhere that I know of), but alot of the off topic posts contain legit questions, bits of info, or pure humor. A change of pace is never bad.

As for the lightning owners thinking they are better, I can't agree with you as far as myself goes, not to say others don't really believe that. But topics such as dropping time off your et won't be discussed in the supercrew forum, like how you are having trouble with your transfer case won't be discussed in the lightning forum. They are both f150's, this is true. But two different animals. But I would have to say that just because you don't own a lightning, doesn't mean your not certified to post your opinions on one. One of the biggest problems on a message board in general , is the same as in everyday life.....people can't comprehend that their opinion is simply that. Your grandchildren probably won't be doing research reports in high school on them in 30 years because they are not set in stone.

With that said, none of us are running the board, so however the webmaster has to handle issues, we can only express our opinions and concerns and hope they have heavy influence in his or her decision on what to do.

Old 02-10-2002 | 11:11 PM
Please move this thread to General Discussion.

Old 02-10-2002 | 11:21 PM
Oh please - get real here!

I have to speak up - I've been reading all your posts & am starting to get really annoyed! Like you guys care - yeah, I KNOW!
First of all - this is STEVE'S site. He can run it any way he chooses to. He & I have butted heads in the past so he'd be first to tell you I am not a/k'ing him! I have openly disagreed with him before but this time I am in total agreement.
This is a F150 site! That means ALL trucks are welcome. The L is not the reason we have this site & it isn't what keeps the site going singlehandedly either! That means that ALL our trucks are important - not just L's.
As for the superiority of the L owner - well, it isn't true. Yes you all have fast trucks - so? Neal has a regular truck that I believe would keep up with your trucks any day!
I too have posted here - TRIED to be nice & neighborly & I was totally ignored. I don't own an L & quite frankly, the behavior I see here makes me GLAD I don't. There are only 1 or 2 L guys who have the decency to be polite, civil & helpful & they know who they are. The rest are too busy waving their fender emblems in the air to notice anyone else.
Now, I WELCOME the posts from L owners in General Discussion but apparently you don't want the welcome. Fine.
If you don't want your posts moved to General Discussion there's a very SIMPLE solution - DON'T POST OFF TOPIC! It's not rocket science! If you do need to post O/T then look for it in General Discussion where it belongs! Heck - even a Chevy driver can figure that much out!
Honestly, I hope you all decide to stick to L only topics. Watch how boring it gets here in a very short time. That will leave more room for the rest of us in "that other forum" you all despise so much. Just remember - we never rebuffed YOU - you rebuffed US! You make me want to lift my truck & drive right over the next L I see. - Yeah - the witch is ticked - come argue w/me in General Discussion where I belong! Talk about pathetic - 4 pages of bellyaching because a few posts were moved.

Last edited by Cowlady; 02-10-2002 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2002 | 11:42 PM
Re: ok

Originally posted by tallimeca
Hold your breather, here's my pennies.

First of all, everyone who reads this should go to the main forum login and take notice to something......if you add up all the other posts and threads from all the other forums, it's still less than what's in the lightning forum.
Oh, I just love it when someone says something like that..

Posts Totals. drum roll please..

The Lightning Forum: 194 Thousand
The Non-Lightning Forums: 307 Thousand

Another "stat theory" bites the dust..

Old 02-10-2002 | 11:55 PM
Because I know someone else will post it I'll correct the stats

1 forum out of 50+ accounts for more than 2/5 of the total # of posts...
That forum has 4x the posts of the next closest forum.

Rather than continue to debate numbers lets come up with more ideas that will allow Steve to successfully keep the resource we all use alive and well...

Doug

Quick Reply: Moved threads