Lightning

Moved threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002 | 06:06 PM
Cool

Just a quick look over the lightning forum at 5:53 p.m., and there was a total of 25 topics. Out of those 25 topics, 1 was locked, and 14 of them could have been placed in another forum. This way everyone could see what the topic is and help if needed OR go to the event in question to meet other members.

Steve & Doug, I see what you mean now !!!

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 02-11-2002 | 06:14 PM
Originally posted by webmaster
Several good suggestions have been made in this thread ...
Which ideas have you liked so far that way members can come up with new ones similiar and/or expand on those.

Ashenor - Steve never has and most likely never will ask or accept money from us.

Old 02-11-2002 | 07:14 PM
forums

i've been on the internet for about 8 years and have been a member of message boards from musicians, to nascar, to local bands, to wrestling and so on. And one thing is for sure you will never.....and I repeat never, be able to control or put a stop to off topic postings. Not that you don' t control your website, but with so many people registered here, it won't happen. I think if I were you, I would find a way to subdivide the larger forums, like is done on other sites, not neccesarily lightning or truck sites, but other message boards in general.

People who come here daily feel like part of a community, where they discuss things. The beauty of the internet I guess.

Oh, I just love it when someone says something like that..

Posts Totals. drum roll please..

The Lightning Forum: 194 Thousand
The Non-Lightning Forums: 307 Thousand

Another "stat theory" bites the dust..
Ok, maybe i'm reading something wrong somehow, but i'm not geting your numbers.....i have 46k non lightning posts, where am i missing the others.......and even so. There are 2/5 of the posts on this site in the lightning forum.......again.....alot considering the number of these trucks manufactured. Not proving any point except there are is definetely a largered pertentage of people who own lightnings that are registed to this board, than people who own other f servies trucks that are registed to this board.

The non lightning owners posting this thread seem to be the people who are hot headed as far as the board goes. But i'm not to fond of the "if you don't like it you can leave" attitude brought upon by the webmaster. You should take into considereation people's dislikes and if at all possible, improve upon them, not cop an attitude. I personally could care less if i post here or not. It's a good board but seems to become more and more like a political battle.

I'd hate to see this place come to the point where the flaming is so bad people are gonna start getting axed. It's close........i can feel it.

Last edited by tallimeca; 02-11-2002 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2002 | 08:22 PM
F150online
Founder
tallimeca,

I would suggest re-reading this thread. The only reference I made to "if you don't like it you can leave" was in direct response to a personal attack on my which included an intentionally posted lies by a single user, not the community as a whole.

I cannot see anywhere in this thread where what I have posted would be considered "attitude" unless you consider a passion for wanting to do what's best for the ENTIRE F150online Community attitude.

BTW, I think Doug covered the faultiness of the math your referenced in your posts a few posts back...

Steve

Old 02-11-2002 | 08:28 PM
I can't believe I've come back for more!

Is it unreasonable to ask that we subdivide the exsisting sections of this site?

Perhaps they could be subdivided, and then subdivide the subdivisions. The goal we could shoot for is one on one conversations.
Who gives a rats a$$ how much it will cost or how much it will inconvience people or how much it will undermine the integrity of this site!?
I don't car about what the next gen F150 Crew cab will look like in 2010. I will never own that thing.
I don't care if the 5.4 has 235, 260, or 380hp. I have a v6. I drive like a grandma, so it dosen't matter to me.
Who cares if your birght white head lights caused a short? Why do you have to waste space here with dumb questions like that? I will never have bright white head lights.
Why would any one care about a six speed transmission? Thats kind of dumb. We have automatics availible. Why would anyone want to go through the extra effort!?
Whats up with the putt-putt? Golf? Why would anyone who drives a pick up play golf?
You can just go ahead and eliminate that whole Corn chips section, whatever it is. It's all a waste of money. All thoes chips and filters and cats. PCM this!
Oh yah. We need a section for every color truck there is. And a section so we can bash the other trucks.

Please break the Test 123 section so that we can test pics, then sigs, then smileys, then links, then................

Oh. I'm sorry if I've come off as arrogernt, insenetive, ignorant, or confrontational. It's only an opinion.

The situation that is now appon us would look very different to many of us if it were to do with our rights as American citizens. Anyone mind that a huge percentage of government documents are printed in two or more languages? Anyone mind that some people are able to survive because of tax paying citizens, reguardless of what poor choices they made to put themselves in thier perdiciment? Is it fair that some people don't get a fair shake out there because of thier race, gender, orientation, religion, economic situation, and nationality, to name a few?
I will spare you any more of my nonsence. Did you ever stop to think though?

Tom

Old 02-11-2002 | 08:31 PM
I can't believe I'm posting here...

The problem with this forum is you guys are treating it like an exclusive club and your tendency to stay with your own is making things difficult for the community.

This forum should be used for Lightning related things. If you got a problem with your audio system, this is not the place for it. Excuse me, but you are not the only ones who own RegularCab F150 trucks! Your audio system is the same that's found in an RC 4x4. You a/c is exactly the same as what was in my '97, '99, and now my '01 truck. Your power windows and locks have the same problems ours do. Your lights work the same way. Wipers are the same.

If you have a problem with your steering, there's a forum for that. A problem with your lights, there's an appropriate forum for that too.

Most of what you guys are posting is not unique to your particular truck.

You guys are limiting yourselves when you post only to this forum. There are a lot of people outside of this forum who know more about trucks, engines, electrical systems, HVAC, etc., than you do here.

Sure, we don't have much first hand experience with the things unique to the Lightning, but we do have a lot of experience with other aspects that are common to all our trucks.

Some of you are suggesting sub-forums. Well, there was I time that I was a proponent of that. I'm not anymore. Why? 'Cause to do so just perpetuates the "private club" atmosphere that's here and again, it limits you to just the resources that are here.

Don't let this get into a pi$$ing match. You drive a fast truck. So what? It's still a truck. It's still a Ford. It's still an F-150. It's not even the most expensive F-150! Hell, if I bought a Lightning the last two times, I would have saved thousands!

Old 02-11-2002 | 08:32 PM
F150online
Founder
Thanks Tom, that was REALLY helpful and showed tremendous insight.

tallimeca, there WAS actually a little attitude this post.

Old 02-11-2002 | 08:33 PM
attitude

not refering to this post exclusivly, but you made the same comment directy to me when i posted about how i didn't think the moderator of the board should be posting some of the things he was saying a while back. Kinda like someone in a restaraunt complaining to a manager about the service and him telling them to screw and don't come back if they don't like it. I bet those people won't eat in that restaraunt ever again. I've been told that in buisness that when you satisfy a customer, he will in turn tell 1 person how great you are. If a customer is unhappy, they will tell 10 people how much you suck. I've found this to be proven true.

Is my browsers screwed up?, but i can't find 50+ forums on this site. I'm only seeing like 10. That's where my math came from. Where am I loosing you guys?

Old 02-11-2002 | 08:36 PM
Ive been thinkingon wether or not to post to the crazy topic. But what the heck. Fact is the is probably the coolest site, packed with some unbelieveably awesome people. I cant thank Steve enough for the enormous amount of work it takes to produce and maintain this site so we can come on and bash him. My love of this site has nothing to do with the fact that I drive a Ford, it has do with a simple kindness showed to me by another member over CHristmas when I posted a thread in General Discussion asking for help finding something for my 3 year old daughter. A member found and spent 41 of his own dollars packing it and sending it to me never knowing if he would ever see that money again. Hell I had only had about 60 posts to my name at that point. Screw my truck, screw the division, Im here because 90 percent of the people are awesome. get out of your closet and go meet some and quit grichin about something as childish as a few moved posts.

Old 02-11-2002 | 08:59 PM
Talking About Attitude ...

Steve, wasn't it a few people that were coping an attitude before about something on this site and they went and started another site themselves. Yes, I have been over to that site and it is not bad but it doesn't have the following right now that we do here at F150online.

Guys and Girls, Steve (Webmaster) and Doug have asked a simple request !!! Put the post where they are suppose to go !!! Plain and simple. Don't post in the right spot and they will get moved as some have already. Hey, like Andthensometoo said, they could be a lot worse and have a lot more attitude towards these individuals. Consider yourselves lucky that they don't give you a few warnings and then you get the boot !!!

You listen to your boss and others that you do work for. So listen to these guys as they are the reason we are all here !!!

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 02-11-2002 | 09:11 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Smile Re: attitude

Originally posted by tallimeca
Is my browsers screwed up?, but i can't find 50+ forums on this site. I'm only seeing like 10. That's where my math came from. Where am I loosing you guys?
Problem solved! I knew it was all just a misunderstanding!

The Lightning guys can only see about 10 Forums, no wonder they had to pack everything under the sun in this one.

Steve, you got to take those blocks off the other 55 forums.

(and we thought the Lightning guys didn't post in the Nude Truck Girl Forum because they were gay)

Old 02-11-2002 | 09:23 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
counter-point

Kinda like someone in a restaraunt complaining to a manager about the service and him telling them to screw and don't come back if they don't like it. I bet those people won't eat in that restaraunt ever again. I've been told that in buisness that when you satisfy a customer, he will in turn tell 1 person how great you are. If a customer is unhappy, they will tell 10 people how much you suck.
More like the manager hearing the S.O.S (same ole song) from the same whiny customer(s). Eventually, he WILL tell you to screw off, like it or leave, or just ban you altogether.

More than likely, the ten folks you would tell 'this site sucks' are of the same mindset as youself. I for one could care less who you tell.

Last edited by Speedin Bob; 02-11-2002 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2002 | 10:25 PM
typical speedin bob

another post by me that speedin bob pulls in behind to tear into....you seem to do the same to RTKILLA, really have a thing for busting the young guy's ***** my friend don't ya?

Old 02-11-2002 | 10:47 PM
You can tell for sure speeding bob has never had a customer service job.

Hmm Nude girl truck forum, no wonder you guys try to keep all us L guys in one spot ! We all know the girls like the L's better

j/k

Old 02-12-2002 | 01:03 AM
Cool

Originally posted by Ashenor

<Snipped>

We all know the girls like the L's better

j/k
Yeppers. They like your trucks, but they Love us!

Quick Reply: Moved threads