Lightning

Moved threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002 | 01:20 PM
|
Moved threads

I see a bunch of OUR threads being moved in the past few days. Now all of these threads will get lost in the General Discusion forum.

If a post does not interest us why not just let it get lost a page or two back. If it is of interest to us it will stay on the front page, and if so why move it.

What are the opinions of other L owners on this?

Old 02-09-2002 | 01:26 PM
I agree they should just leave them in .besides it must be alot of extra work for them to move all of them?

Old 02-09-2002 | 01:34 PM
#1 Reason is that this is a Ford Truck forum.

It is NOT supposed to be all things to all people.

There is another group of members that are frustrated by wading through pages and pages off off topic posts.
We ( Steve and I ) try to navigate the turbulent seas here and keep the forum some where in the middle where the majority of members can enjoy.

Direct your complaints to Steve webmaster@f150online.com or offline to me at Silver_2000@SVTLightnings.com

Doug

Old 02-09-2002 | 01:43 PM
Don & Doug,

I agree with both of you, but I do like only using this forum. Its the only one I subscribe to and visit. It for sure is the most visited by EVERYONE. I like all talk in here, even General talk. This Forum is alittle different than the others so maybe it could be alittle different in how its moderated? Just a thought.....

Old 02-09-2002 | 02:32 PM
I have seen this on serveral boards when mods get move happy on posts.

Yes this board is for Lightning Trucks, but quess what a lot of us have been posting here for years and have a interest in what other people are doing with different things and what not. While something may pertain to be off topic, usually there is something to tie the lightning in there somewhere. See the post you moved about garages. He was talking to other L owners, now most that are here will never see it because you moved it to god knows where.

I would say that 85% of the L people here never go to any other forum here, so if you keep moving stuff it will just cause us to not see stuff.

If you have such a huge problem with us having a community here how about you make us a Lightning Community board or something. I would rather not see that, and you guys just ease up on moving the posts.

Old 02-09-2002 | 02:44 PM
Yeah come on!!! We are a FAMILY!!! We share our personal thoughts on here!! LOL!! Don't make me miss something that happens with my L owners!!!

Old 02-09-2002 | 02:50 PM
Are there any other forums?

Old 02-09-2002 | 02:53 PM
Nice Grill Crazy we will have to meet up one day so i can get a look at it.

Old 02-09-2002 | 02:54 PM
Like most others here, I never venture outside of the Lightning Forum. I like reading the off topic stuff too. However, I do agree with the mods and what they're trying to accomplish.

Maybe we could ask about getting some additional Forums for L owners. Engines, Body, Humour, etc..

Just a thought- I'm not trying to make extra work for anyone.

Old 02-09-2002 | 03:18 PM
No more topics like "putt putt" and others?

Old 02-09-2002 | 03:35 PM
Don and Doug - I do agree with both of your standpoints.

But guys I do have to say, we should expand our horizons to at least include the general discussion forum, they have some very funny (and good) characters that almost almost rival our BBQ and Bob.

Old 02-09-2002 | 04:20 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
hmmm.... or something.

Old 02-09-2002 | 05:32 PM
F150online
Founder
My $.02...

If people want search back (and based on some of the messages I have seen, you do), we have to do a better job of utilizing the forums as they were setup. For instance, I would guess that 15 - 20% of the threads in the Lightning Forum have nothing whatsoever to do with Lightnings.

If these topics are discussed in general discussion, audio, general care, i.e. a more relevant forum then we may have less duplication, threads that can be periodically deleted and more of the F150online community (which you are all a part of) can benefit.

If an off-topic post is made here and it generates little enough interest to generate further discussion (Don's ?), that thread STILL must be included in a search of this forum...the more irrelevant threads, the more useless and cumbersome search (and its results) will be, if it ever does return.

The way it stands now, I cannot turn search back on because there are just too many messages here for our server to support it. I think Doug is doing right by moving off-topic posts to more appropriate forums. Instead of giving him a hard time or questioning his motives, try looking at it from the perspective of the entire F150online Community, not just as Lightning owners.

I would ask out of respect for the entire F150online Community that everyone here try to do a better job of keeping messages "on-topic" and in the appropriate forum.

Honestly, I don't see Doug getting "thread move happy" but rather when he sees something he honestly believes has nothing to do with Lightnings, he will move it to the appropriate forum.

Instead of considering that a slap in the face (which I am sure some of you do), consider it a by-product of growth...there are almost 200,000 posts in this forum alone! Sometime rules have to change (or they have to be written?) in order to support further growth. I hope everyone here can do their part and help support this growth.

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited by webmaster; 02-09-2002 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2002 | 05:44 PM
This may be a dumb question but why can't it be posted where a thread is being moved to..

Also, isn't this whole thread off topic....lol

Old 02-09-2002 | 05:54 PM
TZRider
Good Question
A link to the thread in its new location is left in the old forum...
Doug

Quick Reply: Moved threads