Lightning

How To Race???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4D THNDR

Very nice video page! I thoroughly enjoyed the runs.

Old 02-13-2002, 04:20 AM
Man you guys are so helpful. Thanks for the track teachings.
Dan

Old 02-13-2002, 10:42 AM
I remember my first time pulling up to the tree. At the time, they didn't have the beams clearly marked so I drove on right passed. Now they have them clearly marked, but I still see guys driving right passed at the friday night races.

Since were on the subject, what's your guys best light to date? I've hit a .501, but I've never had a perfect .500. I can remember my first race event that I won, in the quarter final, I clicked off a .530, and in the semi I did one better and clicked off a .518. When it came to the final, I was reeeal nervous. I was hoping for a good light, but never expected a .503. Felt good being one of the youngest racers, walking down the staging lanes with a shiny trophy in one hand, and a cheque in the other. The good old days.

Old 02-13-2002, 11:13 AM
If you are real serious about it, when you actually stage, stop as soon as the stage lights go on. There is a small distance you can be in and still be staged. Stopping as soon as you stage will help prevent red lights if you get a little excited, because if you start moving early, you won't break the beam right away, think of it as a cushion. And you will already be moving once you stop breaking the beam, slightly lowering your ET.

Quick Reply: How To Race???