Lightning

Glad I don't own a Viper

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002 | 08:48 PM
wow that sucks...good thing i wasnt a little bit older and a billionaire or i porbly would of been scamed outta my money two....too bad im not a billionaire...lol

Old 02-13-2002 | 09:16 PM
Thats very sad to see. Well i do feel that Motor trend has some fault at this also. I mean they did some adverstisement with that issue of him and his car.

Old 02-13-2002 | 09:27 PM
This is sad. Why don't so many people realize if you have great customer service (having the job done ON TIME and UNDER BUDGET) you will make more money then if you take peoples money and run. You will stay outta jail too. This is a prime example why I want to open my business. What the customer realizes is the customer service and the product. So make them both count in a good way.

Old 02-13-2002 | 10:49 PM
what did hennesy do? does any think that is actually him posting that crap? hard to believe that anyone who could afford a viper would read and post on a sight that looks like a bunch of 16 to 18 year old thugs post on and that the moderator has no problem with the F-bomb word.

Old 02-14-2002 | 03:16 AM
Hen-a-crook

I have never owned a viper, but I did live in Henesessy's town (Houston). Two ex-henesessy employees left and started their own business (TNT Motorsports). The guys were friendly and helpful when Houston Motorsports had a dyno day before they had their nice new shop. The owners of TNT did not have nice things to say about Henessey. Henessey sued them to keep them from working on vipers.......which he lost.

There are bad shops out there. Do your research before a big purchase. I put up a page on my mustang site about good and bad vendors. I guess I need to add Henessey.

BTW.....Excessive Motorsports and Texas Turbo have screwed me royally in the past. TT is now out of business. I hope Excessive dies soon too.

Old 02-14-2002 | 05:16 AM
I also believe Motor Trend has some responsiblity in this matter. They did everything they could to promote John Hennessey's tuning ability's on Vipers. Hell, if I had that much cash, I would have sent a Viper to JH, along with a wad of cash!!! Seems to me, maybe they should print an article, stating the facts.....car parts removed from customers cars and sold (14K for a stock Viper hood), cash wired for work that was never done, building a new house, hmmmmm. Very interesting reading. BTW, one of the moderators, on one of the boards stated that when this person registered as John Hennessey, they called him at his shop to make sure he was in fact the person posting. And when you read how he "defends" himself against these complaints, well lets just say, interesting reading

Old 02-14-2002 | 09:14 AM
|
Brother
Looks like ya need to go back and read the posts again...all of your questions can be answered in them...
CA

Old 02-14-2002 | 09:43 AM
Unbelievable. I don't follow tuners closely but I thought Hennessy, along with Ligenfelder (however you spell it), was one of the giants, all very legit and dependable. I haven't even seen a car either of them tuned but that was the impression got from the auto trade mags that (seemingly) ceaselessly promoted them.

I think our HP worship has something to do with it. We all want more of it. Taig guy who was bilked out of around $200K+ wanted it, over 1000 rwhp, in fact! Mags want it, to caption under those shining sheetmeals gracing their covers. Never mind that very few people can put those ponys to the ground in an useable way. Otherwise, it's just a very expensive, loud, and inefficient rubber lathe. Start with a half an inch of treads, end up with a slick. (slick not worth a damn, mind oyu )

Looks like John Hennessey guy found a way to tap into that HP worship.

Old 02-14-2002 | 10:14 AM
Do you know what this made me realize?

That I am so VERY glad we have guys like Mike and Sal around who ARE gentlemen, great customer service reps and produce a product they'll stand behind.

What I'm most sorry to see, however, is that the Viper is getting mud slung on it because of some jackass hick from Houston who's more into thievery than performance.

Now, I want to clarify that I AM a Texan and I LOVE being a Texan...but I've had the VERY large misfortune of meeting Hennessy. That man is a braggart and a redneck hick to the core.

Sure glad Roush is a Ford guy now, though......

Old 02-14-2002 | 10:43 AM
I've been hearing for months horror stories about what Hennessey is doing to people.

You guys are all right, I'd take our tuner wars over that anyday. We got it good

And they say rich people have manners

Old 02-14-2002 | 11:26 AM
Re: Hen-a-crook

Originally posted by 351stang
I put up a page on my mustang site about good and bad vendors. I guess I need to add Henessey.
Scott, you've got mail.

Old 02-14-2002 | 10:20 PM
one last question. who in the hell would pay 140k up front for car modifications? i wouldnt pay jiffy lube 30 bucks to change my oil without the work being done first. talk about the day 2 dumb*****s meet. if the guy has 140k to blow on a car he is either a good business man or he inherited alot of money...hum i wonder. the story does sux and i hope the guy gets something out of it.

Quick Reply: Glad I don't own a Viper