Lightning

Stock Boost Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Boost Pressure?

What is the normal average in these trucks I know I asked the other day but didn't get any responses and I cant find the old thread I noticed mine pins the stock guage but it is very cold when I leave work so this is probably why I will know exact pressure as soon as my guages arrive autometer 3 guage pod as recommended and Lunar series guages boost, electric fuel pressure, a/f ratio cause its cool looking
thanks
slick

Old 02-14-2002, 09:07 PM
On all of our motors, they have peged the guage even when it was totally stock. The last time we dyno'd the truck we put a boost guage on it and saw 13.5Lbs of boost at 5500RPM and nitrous.

Old 02-14-2002, 09:54 PM
If I bring WOT about slowly, my stock boost gauge will go up to 10 psi (perpendicular to the road). Everything is still stock - only thing different between day one and today is the oil filter and oil.
No holes in the air box, no conical filter, no K&N, stock pulley, no chip, and the dyno place isn't that far above or below sea level

I've read lots of theories but a good dyno is where the rubber hits the road for me because I've not visited the track. I come on at 323 - 325 RWHP in 80F-90F temps. That's 15% drivetrain loss from the advertised 380hp. It sounds off from the general masses, but Ford ain't giving me a new L, I can't afford any mods so I'm not complaining... much.

So the gauge should tell a better story. At least it goes higher that 10. Best of luck.

Old 02-15-2002, 10:51 AM
Stock, mine hit 8-9lbs.

Let me know if your AutoMeter boost gauge reads diffrent than your stock one. Mine didn't.

As I added the '01 Intercooler, the K&N, and FlowMaster, the boost went up on the stock gauge and the AutoMeter the same amount.

The only time my stock gauge wasn't the same as the AutoMeter was at low boost levels. When the stocker said 2-4 psi, the AutoMeter said 5-6 lbs.

But at 0 and at 10, they were exactly the same.

Later,

Old 02-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the chip,2# pulley, and conical filter, my stock gauge
went out of sight, with the new auto meter which I believe
to be accurate, at WOT I read 11#'s. 2# from the pulley,
and in my opinion, 1# via the conical filter.

Marc

Quick Reply: Stock Boost Pressure?