Lightning

Willowbrook Mall NJ meet 2/24

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002 | 02:17 PM
Cool

Hey, I plan on being at the meet sunday at 12 noon with my 95R as long as the weather holds out. Where at the mall are you planning to meet. Sears, Macy's or Fortunoff's parking lots cover most of the mall area. I work about a mile away from it and pass it everday. how many stangs and L's are definitely going to show for this cruise. thanks 95rcobra.

Old 02-21-2002 | 05:10 PM
Hey Russ, thanks for posting a pic of my car... wish I could make the meet, maybe next time.

Thepawn, happy BD, we gotta hook up again at the auto-x.

As for CaptainOblivious, hey, at least the muffler stays on my car all the way down the track... .

Old 02-21-2002 | 05:46 PM
|
Thumbs up

Why do I pretend that these boards are separate, when infact everyone is on all the boards! lol

- captain which meet are you coming to? the central jersey mustangs club or ours?

- tru blue we're meeting at Willowbrook at 12pm or earlier (I should be there sooner to see that everyone comes to the right place)

- 95R - NJ2000R told me that he invited you so I think you'll be following him from I287 or rt 23, whichever you'll meet at, he'll also come along with Don from Ridgewood with a Black Convertible Cobra.

- the place we're meeting up is closest to route 46 s on that corner of the mall, right by one of those HUGE willowbrook mall signs... I think someone mentioned its by Macy*s but you can't take my word for it, I'm not sure...

also looks like my car is gonna be the only dirty car up in that place.... and the rain last night didn't help, you'll be able to see all the stuff that accumulated from my daily commutes between Newark and Elmwood Park... for those who don't know what I'm leading to.... Bergen County is reaching (or should I say have reached) a drought emergency in the middle of the winter... our water reservoir looks like a little puddle.

Anyway, see you all there, bring your own lunch or eat at the local fast food joints because as someone put it, the best time for cruising around is at the prime of day.... I think I'll join the Cobra R crowd traveling upstate NY by Glendale or something on those twisty rows, trying to catch up to the R's and the Cobra vert.... everyone else will seam to head towards the Delaware Water Gap, and having experiences some weird problems with my Vic lately I don't want to risk braking down far from home... But we'll see!

Thanks for all the responses it will be fun!

--Russ

I want to see that Saleen in person, probably in April, the 28th at the meet in JDM's would be the best time or sooner...

Old 02-21-2002 | 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerzey
I want to see that Saleen in person, probably in April, the 28th at the meet in JDM's would be the best time or sooner...
Hey, you want to see Saleens? Go to the MCA in DC the last weekend in June.... SMOG (Saleen Mustang Owners Group) is having an east coast get-together at the same time. Last summer, imagine a show with around 100 mustangs + cobra's completely stopping when 14 of us pulled in at the same time. 4 more joined us later, had 18 all parked in a row, ranging from 89 to 2001 models.

JDM is a possibility, I'm sure the good captain will keep me informed

Old 02-21-2002 | 08:34 PM
Probaly be there for the meet.Most likely will not do the cruise unless going back toward central jersey.

Old 02-21-2002 | 10:24 PM
|
Ted its not the Quantity that matters to me its the Quality!

I have done a number of Crown Vic shows, and the smaller the show the more fun it was, in my point of view... I totaly didn't mind the big ones, but at those meets you are just unable to meet everyone and check everything out!

I'd rather spend 100 seconds starring at your 1 car than spending 1 hour starring at 100 cars!

The way I see it there will be a number of cruises... I'm sure that we will probably all meet up at the lot at 12, or come sooner, and than around 1:30pm or so, one group will hit the road towards the Water Gap, the other up North Towards Upstate New York, the third group south towards Central Jersey... Either way, if we all head towards I287, we'll be able to stay together for a couple of minutes on I80 before we reach this highway!

--Russ

Old 02-22-2002 | 03:51 PM
|
Old 02-22-2002 | 03:56 PM
Anybody going to this meet with exhaust work done to their L's?

Old 02-22-2002 | 06:15 PM
Exhaust

Originally posted by 99 SVT Bolt
Anybody going to this meet with exhaust work done to their L's?
Borla Cat Back. I should be there Sunday.
2001 White L.

Old 02-22-2002 | 06:31 PM
i might be there ,i also have to work sun night
i got the magnaflow12468.

Old 02-22-2002 | 07:06 PM
Happy Birthday Dan, you whippersnapper Hope to make the show, but have other plans. Maybe I can lie.......any rain plans?

Old 02-22-2002 | 07:29 PM
meet?

if you guys are definatly meeting sun at noon id like to see some other lightnings and stuff. around here mines the only one ive seen. i have 2001 silver. if its going too happen could you post directions from west of you i could take 80 or 46 or 287 thanks

Old 02-22-2002 | 07:51 PM
|
there definitely will be Lightnings there.

the deal is, we will be sitting in the lot at willowbrook for about an hour and a half so all those people who have plans, this is perfect for you! You can stop by check everything out and go about your business!

I know a lot of people wanna watch NASCAR, so stop by, check everyone out and go watch the conclusion of the race!

for those who are coming from the WEST, its perfect for you cause a group of us will be going back that way for a cruise... so you'll have fun and head towards home at the same time!

Directions are simple! Take Route 80 to the RT 46 / RT 23 Exit in Wayne NJ... its like in the 50's or something.... I forget the exact # although I pass it every day, I was there today, lol.... once you exit onto rt 46, entrance to Willowbrook Mall will be right there on the right, just follow the signs.... and its right there immediately.... Willowbrook is located at the intersection of RT 46/ RT 23/ I 80! so if you find yourself traveling too far, pull over and ask someone where you made a mistake and passed the spot!

See ya'll there! lol
--Russ

Old 02-23-2002 | 07:52 AM
Hey Russ,
Just a few more details on the directions coming from the west to Willowbrook Mall. If you are coming from the west heading on route 80 east when you get off that exit for rt.46/23 which I think is #53 the exit will put you on route 46 east only by wayne Ford. NO west bound 46 ramp there. you will have to turn around at the 1st overpass and head back on rt 46 west. make sure you follow rt.46 west because it will split into rt.80 and rt.23 at the Spaghetti Bowl. it will be about a mile on your left hand side. you can't miss it. take the 1st overpass just after the mall sign and it comes over rt.46 right near the lot that we will be in across from Macy's. look forward to seeing everyone there Sunday. Later Steve C.

Old 02-23-2002 | 11:21 PM
|
How much luckier can I get? I'm having some strong *** flue/cold like symptoms today...

I've collected a whole coffee table of drugs that I'll overdoze myself on to be better tomorrow...

I will be at the Willowbrook Mall part of the meet, but depending on how woozie I feel I can't promise I'll go on a cruise, it just might be unsafe for you guys, lol, I don't wanna rearend one of your new L's or Cobra's down the road if my eyes get too watery or something, plus I don't wanna keep all you driving slowly cause I won't be able to keep up in the first place... No Eaton under the Vic's hood, remember...

Anyway, please come everyone nonetheless, I'll be watching the cars from the distance to be sure no one else catches whatever the heck it is that I"m having... ugh!

Quick Reply: Willowbrook Mall NJ meet 2/24