Lightning

Bad things man...Bad things.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002 | 08:47 PM
|
Angry Bad things man...Bad things.

So my bad day started like this...

I notice as I'm waiting to make a left at a red light that my turn signal display on my dash is stuck "on" ie. it isn't flashing. Hmmm? I take my foot of the brake when I get ym arrow and it begins working again. I figure its a bulb,maybe a fuse or ground(go easy,Im not a "car" guy),no biggie. I'll check it when I get to work.I check said bulb and fuses and I come up w/ nothing. Hmmm. Oh well,I'll make an appt and get it checked out later this week. Well on my lunch hr I am a red light,again making a left,turn signal is stuck "on" and I left off the brake and the signal works normally.I apply the brake and bingo it stuck "on" again. WTF? Now I start to smell smoke! And SEE SMOKE!!! Its coming through my emergancy flasher switch,the shift arm,and the turn signal/wiper!!! I cook through the light into the bank parking lot and shut her down. I decide to high tail it to the SVT dealer I got my intercooler work done at and see wtf is going on. I make one stop at a friends muffler shop and ask him to call his buddy at one of the local Ford dealerships. Guy on the other end says "its gonna be the multi-function switch,had a few F150s come in w/ that problem". Greeeeat,"can a full fledged fire break out" I ask? "Yep,its rare,but it could happen." So off to the dealer.
I let the service rep know whats up and he takes me right in,"smoke is bad" is what he tells me.No shiznit! LOL
When its all said and done it WAS the multifunction switch,they replaced it and somthing near it(covered under warranty).This dealership gets good marks in my book for taking me right in(they had a ton of cars inside being worked on) and getting my turck to me in under an hr.

So be aware fellas,could happen to you.I know I read on hear that someones wife took their truck for a day and had it burn up,this may have been the culprit. I dunno,in any event just something else to watch for.

P.S. I thought about letting it burn up and getting and 02 or perhaps even an 03 Cobra

Old 02-19-2002 | 09:12 PM
KGM
These trucks can smokem anyplace anytime.

Quick Reply: Bad things man...Bad things.