Lightning

3 weeks and still waiting for mods to come

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002 | 08:21 AM
Everybody is impatient

including me:o . I had to wait 4 weeks for my c/b after being told it was being shipped the day after my order. 'Ship' days came and went but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited. It turns out(I think?) that the pipes and tips were the 'problem' and when they got there, everything was shipped and receieved----and then--my installer had to put me off for 6 days . Now I'm happy......you will be too, just be patient.

IMHO, we are fortunate in having the tuners that we do. They(each of them) frequently go out of their way to satisfy and help us. For a real 'horro' story........look at the Viper guys--and John Henessey.............

I would make this request of our guys(mostly, my c/b supplier): just tell us your honest/best estimate of the true/actual ship date--don't 'sugar-coat' it--we will understand and most of us will be patient.

Dan

Old 02-21-2002 | 09:30 AM
Originally posted by KGM
We use to wait 3 months for a air filter. No joke
And lower pulleys!

I'm sure the 99 guys remember when the only mod for our trucks was a damn air filter, and maybe if you where lucky you found a chip somehwere.

Old 02-21-2002 | 09:54 PM
solutions

i think vendors, including tuners should have a disclaimer that says allow 2-3 or 3-4 weeks for delivery , that way the customer is prepared to wait, i think the problems arise when the customer calls and they are told they'll send it right out......and that doesn't happen. If you can't fullfill the order because of a backorder....simply phone, or email the customer to notify them. I deal with ordering parts in my profession and when people come in or call in for parts I tell the if it's in stock in the warehouse, it's usually 2-3 buisness days, if it comes from the factory, its 10-14 buisness days.....so plan on 2 weeks, and if it comes in sooner i'll call or ship it immediately. Very few complaints. Offering priority shipping is great if you can full fill it, but when you order something with priority shipping and then it's backorder....what's the point of charging the customer for priority when it took 2-3 week instead of 2-3 days. That's not really fair.

Old 02-21-2002 | 10:08 PM
I've ordered parts from different places, mainly suspension stuff or wheels and tires. I don't really care when they show up and sometimes I forget that I've ordered the stuff. When it shows up, whenever it does, it's like an unexpected gift! Heck, Ruslow sent me a driveshaft loop gizmo thing that was unexpected. It's a great gift but now I have to install it. Instead of lying on my back unbolting the driveshaft, etc., I'd rather take the dogs for a walk. One of these days prior to Silverstate, the dogs won't get their walk and the loop will go on.

Put it in perspective. Most of the parts sold will make you faster by only fractions of a second. Who's gonna notice that at the end of the day?

Spike
BTW, the shortest distance between two points should always include a good cup of coffee.

Old 02-21-2002 | 10:13 PM
depends

most of the stuff i ordered i wasn't in a hurry, but i'm sure there are people that make arrangments for an extra pair of hands or access to a lift or garage.....and if the vendor says the stuff will be there and they are not, that kinda sucks.....just thinking.

Old 02-21-2002 | 10:34 PM
Cool Filling orders

It's the truth. Some of the mfg./suppliers can give a rat's a*s about any one dealer. I wait as much a 30/60/90 days for some material/product.

Mark/LFP
www.lightningforceperformance.com

Old 02-21-2002 | 10:54 PM
KGM
Wink Stop Crying

Ahh you guys are all spoiled. We had to wait 5-6mo just for our trucks. Now you can buy them right off the lot. You think 3-4wks is bad waiting for the big brown truck, try reading this board for months hoping Ford makes your truck. Guys used to track the trains, I never see posts like that anymore. It's too easy today, I had to walk 5mi to school in the winter with 3ft of snow, and all we had was a one hole outhouse, and.....

Old 02-21-2002 | 10:59 PM
hey

was your walk to school uphill both ways?

Old 02-21-2002 | 11:02 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
just three weeks???

Old 02-22-2002 | 12:45 AM
I've not had any problems with any of the tuners, but... If it's gonna take 3 weeks to get my order to me, JUST TELL ME; 3 weeks. If you tell me; "You'll have it tomorrow", silly me, I'm expecting it uhhhh, well......tomorrow.

Old 02-22-2002 | 03:55 AM
All that i have to say is that I ordered over 1k in parts about 2-3 months ago, and im still waiting for some stuff. I dont care about the "Oh, itll be in next week" but when you tell me that something will be shipped out tomorrow, and you find out that im gonna have to wait for another "Few weeks", WHY DONT YOU FREAKING CALL ME. It would be nice to put you on hold...on long distance...Oh and then NOT EVER give an apology...Anyways just venting, not naming a specific TUNER.

Old 02-22-2002 | 07:42 AM
Guys, Lets not forget that these guys got into this bussiness because they love racing. They are now slaving day and night to bring you go fast goodies. The only track time they get is to test stuff befoer they sell it to you, so they can make you happy. I grew up working at my Dads boat shop, I loved boating. My boat sat covered until mid to late July every year, and even still I only found time to go out nights and Sundays! Give these guys a break!
To All Tuners....I thank you for your time and dedication!

Old 02-22-2002 | 07:46 AM
Hey Tallimecca...
Do you work in Peabody? What parts store were you talking about?

Old 02-22-2002 | 09:08 AM
|
The reason that I started this thread was not to complain about waiting 3 weeks for parts per se, but rather I would just like to be given a reasonable timeframe to actually get the parts. You see I took out all the sparkplugs and the computer off my truck since the parts were coming "next week" to hurry the process on my part. I didn't put everything back in again since it was coming--"next week". Therefore, I have not been able to drive or race for three weeks--its just sitting in the garage and I'm sitting on the sidelines at the track. If this is sounds like a baby crying over nothing then I guess giving one's word doesn't mean heck of a lot now a days. At this point, it doesn't matter when it comes.

Old 02-22-2002 | 11:55 AM
DB
Originally posted by KGM
We use to wait 3 months for a air filter. No joke
Yep.

Back in the old days the only performance mods available were chips, filters, and shift kits...the aftermarket for L's has VASTLY improved in the last year.

Quick Reply: 3 weeks and still waiting for mods to come