Lightning

First ticket in the L

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002 | 06:20 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
That sucks... I know first hand... My very first ticket was at age 17, I was clocked at 7 MPH over the speed limit....47 in a 40...
I didn't know that going this fast was bad enough for him to call out another squad car, and the Helicopter (no lie or exageration...pretty crappy experience for my first ticket)

Good luck.... My last ticket was 120 in a 65 (freeway, NO traffic, LATE at night...)

I passed him, as he was getting onto the freeway (roughly at 20 mph) took him 5 miles to catch up to me... thank god he wrote it down as an 85 in a 65 saved me LOTS of dough, and probably kept me out of jail....

Moral of the story, WATCH for cops!!!! Good luck again, I hope you get out of that bogus ticket(read: quota ticket).

Old 02-22-2002 | 08:52 AM
|
OK, now I'm pissed. I'm coming to work this morning driving maybe 3 miles over the speed limit at most. The cop is sitting in the exact same place. A chevrolet extended cab truck passes me like I'm sitting still at about the same spot I was speeding. When I got up to where the cop is the chevrolet is already 1/2 mile ahead.. and the cop waves at me.... didn't stop the other truck, didn't even go after him.. the guy had to have been going at least 60 or 65 in a 40 MPH zone... Then I find out why, there is a police station on that road a little ways down and I saw the guy getting out of he truck... he had his police uniform on.. So answer me this, why can they speed in their civilian cars, going way faster than I was and still not get a ticket? If I didn't work in Richardson, I would take it up to the court.. But i'm afraid that it might make my life a living h*ll trying to get to work everyday.

Old 02-22-2002 | 09:12 AM
Man, that sucks doesnt it?!! In most cases, one cop aint gonna give another cop a ticket, especially if they know each other! It sucks,but thats the way it is.
The little town I live in, if you get pulled over, they make the biggest fiasco out of it! They will have 2-3 police cars behind you when your pulled over, they have all their little strob lights going,flashlights out,walking around your truck!! Hell, with all the lights going that people can see from miles away, looks like they just rolled up on a murder scene! I mean other cars are pulling to the side of the road to see how bad the wreck is, when all you've done is not signal for a freakin' lane change!!!

Old 02-22-2002 | 01:14 PM
Talking

It's called "Good 'Ole Boy Network".

Quick Reply: First ticket in the L