Lightning

My Top 5 Picks

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002 | 09:42 AM
builtfordfast

I'll give you this, you've got *****!

You ran a real good risk of pissing a lot of us off when you made this post. My truck might not even make it into the top twenty but there are lots of trucks here that deserve the recognition that you have bestowed upon a select few.

It is YOUR opinion who made the list and don't get me wrong, they are top looking trucks for sure.

Ironic that you picked the trucks with the best backdrops and camera work.

Old 03-09-2002 | 09:55 AM
Wink

Spike,
I do like the action pictures too, but sometimes it is just not posible to get them. Unless you have someone taking the pictures while you are doing something. As for videos, I love them and have seen a few that you have done and they are great.

Bill

Here is an action picture of me laying some 22" smoke

Old 03-09-2002 | 10:27 AM
|
To Chikenears
Just wanted to say that my intentions for this thread were not to pi$$ anybody off for sure . Just thought I would list my own personal favourites .
I definitely apologize if I have offended you and or other L owners.
Just thought it would be an interesting topic of discussion

Dave

Old 03-09-2002 | 10:55 AM
Dave,
I can't see why you may have pi$$ed anyone off with this topic. I agree that there are a lot of great trucks on this forum and it was only your opinion on your top five pics. The thread was supposed to get people to talk about their own favorate top five. I don't see anything wrong with that. If you didn't get put on someones top five list then put yourself on your own list, if that's the way you feel. I am sure that Dave had a hard time of narrowing it down for the top five, and remember it was only his opinion on what he thought was the top five, so give your opinion. We are not all going to pick the same top five but I do think that most will pick the same top two, and from there it does get hard. I only came up with a top three and then it got really hard to pick from there. There is a ton of very nice trucks and I do personally recognize all of us for trying to do so much to our trucks to make them stand out.

So this could be a good thread and let's not get on any single person for their opinions. So lets hear some more of peoples thoughts and who's trucks really stand out to them. Ruslow is another one who should be mentioned for all of the R&D that goes into his truck, He has come up with a lot of neat stuff for these trucks and he does have the Baddest truck for what he does with it. I think he also has the highest top speed.

There are lots of great trucks that come to my mind and I also want to hear what you all think, so let's not jump on Dave for coming up with a good thread idea that let's people mention the trucks that inspire them. JDM's "99", PSP's 2001, JL's 2001 is looking great also, RTKILLA is another good choice, Zorprime is another and on and on, so lets hear it.. Who's trucks do you like??????????????????????????????????????????

Bill

Old 03-09-2002 | 10:59 AM
Someone say action photo?

Old 03-09-2002 | 11:12 AM
Thumbs up

sixpipes,
Gorilla is another one that is high on my list, I love the picture with your summer home behind it that has to be one of the funiest and at the same time, one of the nicest photo's that I have seen.

Bill

Old 03-09-2002 | 11:12 AM
|
To hd :

Thank You much Bill. That is the intention of this thread.

Dave

Old 03-09-2002 | 11:22 AM
Those are all bad trucks!! There are so many nice ones on here!!

Old 03-09-2002 | 11:28 AM
Wink

Dave,
You are welcome, I can't see a guy get hammered for coming up with a good idea, I think this is a good thread, not just because you included my truck in the top five, but because there are so many sweet trucks out there and when people start mentioning them, you remember how at one time or another that you have liked what they did to their trucks and that they were some of the same trucks that you liked.

When I first bought my truck I couldn't get over how sweet Rich' truck was, that truck inspired me to try to make my truck stand out. And as time went by more and more trucks that I saw on this board kept me wanting to do more and more.

Let me say this, EVERYONE should be very proud that you are able to have a Lightning to begin with, let alone to mod them and to do what we all have with them. They are great trucks no matter if they have every mod out there or are still stock. So if you are not on everyones list, you are all on my list, I love all Lightnings and sometime there are a few that stand out among the crowd.

I want to hear more, if you don't want to do a top five list just name some of the trucks that stand out to you...... Come on lets get this back on the right track..

Bill

Old 03-09-2002 | 11:31 AM
Thumbs up

Someone was looking for a sweet silver lightning, well there one is, Richard is doing a great job with his truck, keep up the hard work....

Bill

Old 03-09-2002 | 11:46 AM
BABolt's 99 Lightning was responsible for setting me back $1750.00. After seeing his truck, I had to have the Roush suspension. Thanks Mike.................I think. This was in the summer of 1999; before Lightnings were cool.

Last edited by sixpipes; 03-09-2002 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-09-2002 | 01:03 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Now there is one that should have made the list too. It's old-timer's like BABolt and sixpipes that inspired me to build mine the way I did. Guys like that had the courage and vision to mod. something that had never been done before.

Congrats to everybody for having the taste to buy such a unique vehicle and the understanding to know that not everybody "gets it".

I'm honored and proud to be on the list with all of those great owners. Thank you.

Last edited by TampaSVT; 03-09-2002 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2002 | 01:20 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
motion imagery

He was in the rear view mirror next lap. hehe

Old 03-09-2002 | 01:28 PM
Originally posted by builtfordfast
To Chikenears
Just wanted to say that my intentions for this thread were not to pi$$ anybody off for sure . Just thought I would list my own personal favourites .
I definitely apologize if I have offended you and or other L owners.
Just thought it would be an interesting topic of discussion

Dave
Dave,

I'm absolutely sure it wasn't your intention to **** anybody off! That's not what I said. What I DID say is that you ran a good chance of doing so by leaving some people out of the list.

You did not **** me off but I would be less than truthful if I said I didn't feel some rejection as may others.

That's just me. Now if you want to make it right, put me at the top of the list!: LOL

I never meant to hammer you either. I merely stated what I thought. You did a good thing, pay me no attention. I'm getting old and senile anyway.

Old 03-09-2002 | 01:48 PM
|
Originally posted by Chikenears

That's just me. Now if you want to make it right, put me at the top of the list!: LOL

I never meant to hammer you either. I merely stated what I thought. You did a good thing, pay me no attention. I'm getting old and senile anyway. [/B]
Lol Chikenears ...
No problem
Hell man you already are on the list for what you went thru putting on your headers..BTW a very well described thread detailing your installation
Dave

Also I like these action photos everyone is posting to

Quick Reply: My Top 5 Picks