Lightning

Just Bought My New Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Bought My New Hood

I just had to tell everyone that i just bought and picked up my new hood which is a reflexxion cobra style hood. I should have it painted by next week. I wanted to get started on it now but don't have time. One question though.. Does Anyone know what kind/color of sealer Ford uses on the Red 01??? I can't seem to get an answer from the dumb bastards that work at the local dealership. We are just gonna pannel paint it and if they used a real light sealer it will change the color slightly. Also does anyone know the paint code Ford uses, there is like 7 different reds in the color match book????

Old 03-15-2002, 07:29 PM
E-4

Old 03-15-2002, 09:09 PM
thank you very much

Old 03-16-2002, 12:09 AM
rfat
After much experience in this field I think panel painting is going to be tough to match.Gun pressure alone can change the color as can the amount and type of clear..I think the results will be much better if you blend the fenders.
Paul

Old 03-16-2002, 01:21 PM
I know that would be easier but i have to have some fun. I have Much faith in my painter. He's really, really talented. Even if it doesn't match we can scuff it down and the do a blend. All it takes is a little extra base and clear.

Old 03-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Hey rfat

I have this same hood. Be sure to use heavier duty struts supplied with hood. Had Ford bodyshop paint only the hood, no fender blending. However hood was purchased & painted 2 weeks after buying truck--plus truck always in garage, when not driven. Perfect match. Age & outdoor exposure on your paint makes a big difference. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Just Bought My New Hood