Lightning

New Gun Sligger on Top at SDR

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002 | 11:44 PM
|
New Gun Slinger on Top at SDR

Tonight was a great night at Silver Dollar Raceway down here in Georgia. Dan, Rusty and I were there and all were in the 12s.

However, the young gun (Rusty) rode into town and cooled down his trusty steed with some ice and re-seatted his chip. The old gun slinger (Dan) and I had made a run and was in the 12s. Dan trusty mount had always pulled him out of the tighest races when only a wisker length was needed to out the best from around these parts.

The young gun mounted his ride with gleam in his eye, and did a burn out second to none with on his new Hoosiers. 12.8 sec land had been the realm the young gun slinger had made his living with and now was about to be tested. Little did he know the tables were abiut to turn this night. He staged his mount and left with a vengance and his steed breathed the cool Georgia spring air and found its heart to beat stronger than ever before. When the dust had settled and the run was over a new King of the Hill had been crowned. The old gunslinger who had ruled this territory for ever as it seemed had now fallen to the young gun.

Rusty..... had set the new mark of 12.568 seconds at the slickest track in the South.

Dan and I were amazed and delighted. We just sat back with a big grin on our faces , took a swig of GERITOL and congratulated Rusty.

Rusty...... Congratulations with the ET. You are the new KING OF THE HILL.

Last edited by Masterloggie; 03-22-2002 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2002 | 11:55 PM
hahahaha!!! LOL You guys are too much!

Old 03-23-2002 | 01:32 AM
thats a great post! thanks for the congrats however i do have to add that i bettered the 12.56 it was a great night i met 2 goals i had set all in the same night. 1. being reaching the 7's in the 1/8th mile, the 2nd being run 12s every pass.

i ran 4 times and my first pass was a 12.568 @ 107.84 mph; my 2nd run was a 12.569 @ 108.20 mph but with very little spin and i fell 4 hundreths on my 60 ft from a 1.81 to a 1.85.

Then my best run yet 12.53x @ 107.79mph however i got to the booth and they said my timeslip never printed but i could go to the tower and they could tell me what i ran, so off i went to the tower with my cousin in a 99 mustang in which i raced and spotted several links a 3.16 R/T to be exact on how much i spotted him (he beat me by only 2 links). so the guy calls me in and shows me my run, and my 1/8th mile time was a 7.997 1/8th. and i ran a 12.53x (cant remember exactly). i asked if he would tear it off the printer and he said he couldnt do that and i was like PLEASE!!!! so i give in and left BUT MY COUSIN WES WITNESSED IT DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way my last pass was a 12.65 @ 107.56.
i had a great time as always and dan and ron are true gentlemen by the way ron received his FIRST 12 SECOND RUN TONITE. CONGRATS ON THE RUN RON!!!!! I know more will be coming!

Old 03-23-2002 | 02:36 AM
Ron what did you run? I'm hoping you are inching closer towards Dans times. What kinda 60' times you running now?

Old 03-23-2002 | 08:47 AM
Have I got a story for you.......

I know this thread is about 12s and new 'best ets' and all 'that' but I've got even more exciting news...................Junior Dragsters !!! Man, they were everywhere. I think the announcer(btw, he is a know hallucinator and will swear to anything for a few bucks ) said there were 150 of the little tykes there. I mean you could hardly hear yorself talk much less, hear Ron or Rusty try to tell me something(?). I mean those little single-cylinder Briggs & Strattons are loud(What was that Rusty?) with that straight pipe stickin' out from the exhaust port.

Ron seemed to be really enjoying the little light-weights. He kept wanderin' about the stagin' lanes with this feces-eating grin on his face, stoppin' anyone and showim' him this little slip of paper--looked like a grocery store receipt or a lottery ticket . I kept tellin' him I wanted to watch the little cars run their 1/8th mile races but he kept on grinnin' from ear-to-ear. It was embarrasing. H e has his own personal mechanic there with him in case a problem comes up. After all, he is a grown man--in the military, no less.

Did I tell you about the Junior Dragsters' times? I don't think so......well, they ran some low 8s in the mid 80s and there may have been a high 7. Rusty kept messin with the announcer and you could hear him beggin' the guy to precede his et announcement with a drum-roll and trumpets. Then, while doing one of the greatest burnouts in history, Rusty has his arm out of the window, wavin' at the crowd. I was so embarrassed, I left early(maybe they'll forget I was there?)

It was cold and clear and three Lightning guys and their trucks did our community well. All three were in the 12s--in fact, I was the only one to break out into the low 13s on my 3rd and final(did I mention it was crowded?) pass. Rusty and Ron had all 12s in their hand. They could have won a big poker game. This was especially great for Ron for it was his first 12 sec. run and he has been frustrated(LOL) a little in the recent past. Rusty is the MAN now. You should have seen the drag-groupies crowding around him; beggin' him to let them bear his 'first-born'!

I really had a good time, no kiddin', I really, really did.

Dan

Old 03-23-2002 | 09:00 AM
Dan,

It's very evident, to me at least, that you WON'T take this lying down. Keep saying "I will not go easy into that dark night" ....or something and come back stronger than ever.

I don't need to tell you this, you're planning revenge as I type! Git em old man!!! Make us Limpersnappers proud!

Last edited by Chikenears; 03-23-2002 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2002 | 09:18 AM
Thumbs up

Way to go Onion boy.

Old 03-23-2002 | 09:58 AM
Thumbs up

Congrats on the new best! I could only imagine what you be able to run at Jackson tonight since we have some nice cool dry air sticking around. Do you remember what your 60' time was?

I do believe the young rooster just WHOOPED UP on the two old yard birds...LOL

Old 03-23-2002 | 10:52 AM
DAN, U crack me up!

CC, on my 12.56 run i had a 1.817 60 ft..... on the 12.53 i dunno b/c i had to look in the booth and the guy was rushing me b/c they had 3 pairs that didnt receive tickets..... im leaning towards a 1.79x since my speed was a 107.79 and my 2nd run was a 108.20 but it was somewhere alone those lines.

LOOK OUT TUNERS DAN IS COMING TO SEE ONE OF YOU THIS WEEK I BET!!!!

Old 03-23-2002 | 11:39 AM
|
Fellow Lightning Owners;
What Dan failed to tell you, in all his witt and wisdom as the older memeber of us 3 there last night, was I introduced him to SVT Ford Tech. Dan had been requesting that I introduce him to Billy so he could get the same treatment I receive.

Dan also fails to tell you that he framed his time slip that was the 12.7XX weeks ago. He has a memorial as you walk in the door to his home requiring all visitors to pay homeage to his feat.

Teasing you Dan. It was a great feeling to hit the 12s with the lid and tailgate still on the truck.

The JDM full meal deal (headers back system) now performs cutting my ETs by over .3 seconds (13.203 to 12.891 sec.). However, without Sal's guidance to get rid of the TR5 plugs, it would not have happened. BR7s if you can stand a miss when the engine is cold or IT20s to fire when cold. I went with the DENSOS IT20s.

Dan, I can see a set of IT20s replacing those BR7s in the near future. After all Rusty is now running them and you have the connection now for spark plug changes. Yes, my Amigo Dan, you can keep those stock broker lily white hands clean and get Billy to change them for you next time

Rusty... congrats on the even lower ET. Dan and I headed back before you made that run. I gave Dan a sound sound show on that stretch of 4 lane out of Reynolds. The muffler maganaflow muffler has come to life after over 2,000 miles on it. I think Dan can tell you the sound when I would floor it beside him and his window was down.

Serria Hotel night at SDR. Had a great time with Dan and Rusty. These post are hillarious to read and allow for a little good hearted humor.

Ron

Old 03-23-2002 | 03:55 PM
Angry Ron:

My wife was so ashamed of me and my racin' last night that she made me walk behind and rake and unload leaves in the front yard today. She drove the John Deere and I ate her dust . I am so humiliated. Oh, I almost forgot--she made me mop the kitchen floor too.

When are you gonna tell everyone about your run-in with the Ga. State Patrol:o ???

Dan

Old 03-23-2002 | 06:05 PM
|
OK Folks.... Dan let the cat out of the bag.

After Dan turned off heading his way home, I was cruising into Fort Valley and this car approached me at a high rate of speed from the rear. It came up close and then fell back and I could tell it was a Ford from its head light cluster. Then the blue lights came on...... I said Holy S..., I do not need this after the great time I had experienced at the track. I let the window down and was looking in my side mirror and there he was ... one of Georgia's finest. His flash light was shining in the back window at me. I said I am reaching for my bill fold now to get my license. He stood behind the door post and I handed him my license. He said insurance card please. I handed him the insurance card and he walked past the drivers door, saw my DOD sticker on the windsheild and proceeded to the front of the truck with his flashlight. He would turn his flash light on and off looking at the grill of the truck. He then came back shaking his head and smiling. I said "Sir, what was I doing wrong?" He laughed and said I thought you had blue lights in your grill, but it is the blue Ford emblem that is lit up. He said he had never seen one of those and he liked it. He handed me back my license and insurance card and followed me into Fort Valley. He then pulled up beside me at a traffic light and rolled down hiss passenger side front window and asked me about the truck and said he noticed I was an officer from the sticker on my windsheild. I told him what the truck was and I asked him not to hold being an officer against me because the Air Force did some strange things at times at let a Georgia boy become an officer after being enlisted in the Marine Corps. He laughed big time , I said have a good evening; he turned left headed toward Byron and I continued on home.

All is well that ends well and the whole night was that way.

Ron

Last edited by Masterloggie; 03-23-2002 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply: New Gun Sligger on Top at SDR