Lightning

Fuel injector cleaning????

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002 | 05:12 PM
|
Question Fuel injector cleaning????

What have some of you guys done for cleaning out your injectors?

While I'm tearing other stuff apart I was just going to do some other work for the hell of it.

Old 03-25-2002 | 05:21 PM
Thumbs up lol

Lots of Super !!!!!!! hehe

Old 03-25-2002 | 05:39 PM
The dealerships have a motorvac(?) system available. Masterloggie had it done to his. It cleans the upper intake area and runs the eng/injectors on 'pure' cleaner for several minutes--I think?

Dan

Old 03-25-2002 | 06:56 PM
A friend of mine said the guys on the Porsche and BMW boards usually throw in a bottle of Techron or Redline Fuel system cleaner in with a full tank of gas. The catch is...you're supposed to make several top end runs for it to work. That being said...there will be another meet on April 7 near Jones Beach around 8am for a little "fuel system cleaning". Anybody in Long Isand or Queens will know what I"m talking about. Feel free to stop by and check out all the cars that are usually there.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=259935

Old 03-25-2002 | 07:16 PM
I haven't done it yet on my L but what I've used before is the stuff that comes in a can that directly attaches to the fuel rail schrader valve. Turn off the fuel pump by tripping it, attach the can via the hose to the fuel rail, start er up and let it run until it stalls (no more cleaner left in the can).

Reset the fuel pump switch and you are all set.

I think some of the major auto dealers rent or loan the hose and the fittings to accomplish this as long as you buy the can of cleaner from them.

Hmmmmm.... 16k miles on it... I just might do this!!

Old 03-25-2002 | 08:53 PM
you could give the guys at www.cprracing.com creative performance racing a call he can clean change the filters and even flow test them and give you a flow sheet and tell you just how good your injectors flow i had mine done and they flowed at 44.5 lbs. an hr just tell them rob sent ya

Old 03-25-2002 | 09:01 PM
I just had my injectors cleaned at the dealer while they were doing some warranty work on my front end.. it cost 65 labor and about 19 for the cleaner. They do it like LIGHTNINROD said pretty much... They run cleaner thru the fuel rails straight til it's gone or somethin.....Don't know how well it works cause I had to take it back, front end still squeeks........... ...JR

Quick Reply: Fuel injector cleaning????