Lightning

New Performance Mod!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002 | 01:03 AM
DL
Hey BaBolt,

Don't let Lightning Boy jerk your chain..He's young, sometimes he opens his mouth before he thinks..

Lightning Boy,

Let's see what you can do..You always jump on everything with both feet...

As a wise ole' Bull once said:

Boy, Lets not run down the hill and get ourselves one of those fine heifers, Let's walk down the hill and get some of them all..

Old 03-30-2002 | 04:36 AM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Originally posted by DL
As a wise ole' Bull once said:

Boy, Lets not run down the hill and get ourselves one of those fine heifers, Let's walk down the hill and get some of them all..
He no stealing lines from "Colors"! BaBolt, High Risk, awesome work. Thank you and the few others that set the bar for the rest of us to look forward to!

Old 03-30-2002 | 06:49 AM
|
Talking

Hey DL
It doesn't pull my chain but I do like to let people know that my system of values is not equated to the sound of a cash register---cha-ching.
PS. Just had to add this. If you don't have it to lose you've got no business sitting at the table.

Last edited by BABolt; 03-30-2002 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-30-2002 | 09:59 AM
I didn't mean my previous statement, as to the amount of money spent. I was mearly meaning that with all the work that is proposed to be done, it should run at least a mid 9. If is doesn't do that, then one would need to back track and see what the henderance is.

Old 03-30-2002 | 02:04 PM
I think that because of the peaple involved with this project it will be nothing but a class act.

But.....I am a little disappointed that Racer X didn't stay with the belt drive supercharger. I know it wouldn't be as powerful but it would have been cool.
Dale

P.S. I'm not talkin about a eaton with an 8 rib drive......I wanted to see a 3" Gilmore, an 8-71 high helix and an Enderle bug catcher out the hood....and forget the intercooler, run it on alcohol

Last edited by Bad as L; 03-30-2002 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-30-2002 | 04:17 PM
It will be alot more time then money Lightning boy. I've never been one to follow the crowd and settle for bolt on junk.

My quest here was keep the new modular engine with force induction. The belt driven blowers are awfully inefficent. Any class of racing where turbos are allowed they are used. We have an old 8-71 sitting in the shop but figured it wasn't worth the effort. BABolt also has a 32v motor on the stand. It will probably end up with a roots style blower. The only problem with running it on alcohol is injector sizing and streetability.

I'm heading down to the shop now. I'll take some pictures.

HIGH RISK

Old 03-30-2002 | 04:36 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Call it a dumb question, but how streetable is this setup? Is it a race fuel only setup like Chet's dual blown setup? Once it's unvailed, would you be willing to list the upgraded parts?? And to follow everyone else, will it be at WFC5??
Thanks.

-Marcus

Quick Reply: New Performance Mod!