Lightning

What is the right water temp

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the right water temp

I have been doing some testing on the cooling system, now with electric fan, and am raising more questions than answers. What is the correct temp for these motors and where do you measure the temp.

A few points

1) my L has a stock 190 thermostat

2) at the outside of the aluminum thermostat housing is reading 162 degrees

3) the T looking hose junction returning the water to the motor is running about 112 degrees on a 70 degree day.

4) if you mount a sensor on the system to turn the fan on and off, where do you want to put it and at what temp do you want to turn on the fan? Do you ever want to turn the fan off?

5) I hate the answer "we don't get it and we don't care how all this realy works.

6) I come from the jetski world where this is far from ignorable.

Old 04-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Cool Waer Temp.

I don't know who's e-fan you are using, but I use JDM's unit which works great in conjunction with their Cobra waterpump and 160 degree thermostat. The fan turns on at 186 degrees and then shuts off automatically at 174 degrees. I also have a manual underhood switch mounted to run the fan between rounds at the track. It's a great setup and I highly recomend it. Hope this helps, John H.

Old 04-03-2002, 08:35 PM
John

I wonder what the temp of the water going into the motor and the temp out of the motor. Where in the water route is the fan sensor? My water is changing 50 deg at idle from the water pump to the intake.

Andy

Old 04-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Cool Water temp.

Yo Dude, simply call Jim @ JDM and he will answer your questions in detail. 732-780-0770 I'm sure he can help you, good luck, John H.

Quick Reply: What is the right water temp