Lightning

Last Top End Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Top End Run

Late Last nite on the way home from watching Blade 2 I opened it up. It has been well over 6 months since the last time. On an empty stretch of No name hiway. I must say that with the addition of the 3 pound pulley and larger conical intake,plus the hypertech 160 thermostat along with the Denso Iridiums this thing pulls much better on top end. Like a dumbass I neglected to bring up the digital speedo so I pegged the analog and was amazed at how much harder The Silver Bullet Pulled. The tach was walkin' on up to aboput 4800 and still movin' when I came to my senses. Nice rush. More moolah going in soon. Lowering 2/3 or 3/4. Think I`ll try USAHOOTERS leaf spring clamp mod for traction this weekend. Street Scene Brushed Billet Speed Grill on as soon as the 01 model is out. Do want to add an aftermarket hood, just still undecided about the look I want. Think I`m gonna
go with the fog lites removed and reinstalled elsewhere. Put the 3" hoses along the bumper and up to the intake. From what I discern I`ll keep the performance mods to under 425-475 @ the wheels. Maybe this is optimistic....snicker. 30000 on the 01 now.
Going in this week for new drivers side seat cushion and cover..along with new foglites. Now that the weather has warmed up the knock on start up has all but subsided. I have neglected to install a check in the vacuum line on the crankcase...lazy I guess. Last nite after the top end blast a storng odor of oil told me to get off my ***. I really believe what oil this thing does use is in the intake. I run it half a quart low. It doesn`t use but maybe an eighth between oil changes. I found a nice bottle in the Jegs catalog I want to put in like some others have, Then purge the intake with seafoam. That bucket seat mod is lookin' attractive.

Old 04-04-2002, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SOUNDED LIKE FUN

I can't ever get over how fast these trucks can go and still handle so good!!

Quick Reply: Last Top End Run