Lightning

horn sounds like a ricer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
horn sounds like a ricer...

yesterday my horn started sounding like that of a ricer. like it is only at 1/2 power, im thinking a wire came disconnected. does anyone know how to get to the horn itself and has anyone else had a problem like this?

Old 04-07-2002, 02:54 PM
Hey...mine has done the same...crawl up under the dash and look...you should see the wiring going from the steering wheel until to the horn's general location...jiggle those around and make sure nothing is exposed...because it could be a simple short in the wire...if something is cut...electric tape it and enjoy the old school horn sound...

Old 04-07-2002, 06:31 PM
I've had this happen on my L and my 98 F150 before it. Sometimes when I pressure wash the wheel wells and behind the front air dam, the horn wires get wet and one horn cuts out. Happens sometimes with regular hose pressure too.
Usually dries out on its own in a day or two.

Old 04-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Also happens when 1 of your two horns burns out. Check them out behind the foglights on the pasenger side. Quick trip to the dealer and they pop new ones right in.

As posted above, WATER also does it to them, and when they dry they're fine.

Old 04-07-2002, 08:32 PM
it was working after wash though. so broad pulled out in front of me and i blew the horn at her, then when i got out and tried to lock it, the horn sounded weak. then i drove to L.A. and back (700 miles yesterday) and still same problem. ill check the horns behind the air dam.

thanx for all the help!!

Quick Reply: horn sounds like a ricer...