Lightning

SVT wants to know what you want next year and so on!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yea, as for what I would like to see on the L......

The 500hp 5.4L with the 5-speed auto (6-speed manual could be an option), standard brakes (with the Brembos being an option), standard cab (with an extended cab available), and 18" wheel and tire package (with the 20's being optional), solid axle (with an IRS option).

All should not be forced to pay for what a small percentage feel they need. If you do not autocross or road race, is there really any need for Brembos (other than the fact that they look cool)? You can always buy +1 or more wheels and tires for the vehicle yourself........ it will be more individual this way. I feel an extended cab availability would be nice for those with families. IRS would be great for a daily driver, and a road racer, but I would not expect that everyone would want it...... especially not drag racers.

By making more options available, you increase your audience of potential buyers. That way, half the posts on these board wouldn't be from people saying "I wish Ford would have done (?)." That way, if you don't get the truck you want, you only have yourself to blame.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:50 PM
I have to agree,, to me ,there is nothing worse than people that buy a truck and use it as a car,, with only 3 seats. It is only a truck, with some seats and a supercharger under the hood. I thought about "saving" my truck as well but it costs too much to let it sit and look nice. I want to enjoy it (which I do), i mean I will take care of it and hope to still have it 40- 50 years from now. The memories are way worth the stories to tell, compared to saying it sat in the garage for the last 25 years. To the people that are saving their trucks, yours will be worth more because I am wearing mine out!! I would only fix the cronic problems and offer a LIGHTNING "R" version,, 500bhp aluminum blocked, radio deleted, 14" drilled disc braked, 4:56 geared, 3400lb monster and maybe even make it all wheel drive! then we'll take the Dodges down town and see who will be on top. Uhhh, am I rambling???

Old 04-08-2002, 11:22 PM
The grey on the new Harley F150s in Dark Shadow Grey not Mineral grey. DSG is more of a dark grey while MG has a greenish tone to it. I would have much rather had SVT produce the DSG Lightning instead of true blue.

Old 04-08-2002, 11:22 PM
4v heads

stronger connecting rods

awd

a transmission that does NOT need torque reduction

Oh yeah, and if they have time: an intercooler that does not leak, a front end that does not clunk, a sliding rear window that does not rattle, heads that will actually hold all the spark plugs in, brakes that do not squeak, a rear pinion seal that does not leak, doors that do not crack, windows that roll up at full speed, fog lights that do not crack, head gaskets that do not allow oil to leak out, and an engine that does not have piston slap.

Old 04-08-2002, 11:29 PM
Hey guys. AWD. That would be great if you ask me. On the street I am always looking for traction. More standard HP and TQ would be nice. I think the Mineral Grey idea is a great one. I would buy that in a heart beat. Maybe yellow, but I wouldn't buy it. The trannys could use some work. Stick with the Auto. Less weight would be cool. Stronger bottom end. Better stereo is a must. I am very dissapointed in mine. I like the Reg. cab b/c it is less friend I have to carry around. But a Ext. Cab has its plus' too. Everything I have asked for is small stuff I think except for the AWD option. I don't want a body change I think they are the nicest things built right now. I would hate to see them go through a change like the dodge did. They killed the ram if you ask me. No offense to any owners. Also I will be using my Lightning to tow My 87 Buick Grand National to and from the track once the motor is put in it. It is a truck....my truck I will use it how I please and you all can use your's as you please.
Thanks, -Mat-

Old 04-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Don't let my wife read this. LOL

I'm very happy with the power, handling, and reliability of our '01 L as it is (which is bone stock at 6000' altitude. An e-ticket ride is a day in Vegas at 2000').

I'd like the option of chopped and channeled, with a very low drag coefficient, and weigh in around ??? 3600 lbs. I'd be a pro-mod L.

Tell me that option wouldn't smoke a ZO6.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.............. Enough dreaming and back to reality.

24,000 trouble-free miles...............waiting for my first snack still.

Last trip to Vegas I tried to play the wounded fish routine. I installed my spare tire and limped all over the place. It didn't work either. Probably because I had it installed on the front, instead of the rear ? LOL
---------------
Rick

Old 04-09-2002, 12:36 AM
I guess this thread is the wrong place to post this

Just a work truck....LOL

I think the lightning is a great deal at a good price. It fits me in many ways.

I paid for it - Im gonna use it the way I want...

All the suggestions above as to improvements would be great options. I'll let SVT know when I fill out the survey they sent.

Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 04-09-2002 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:06 AM
SVT L Wish List

Shaker Hood
Pillar Gauges
Sub Enclosures Built In
12 lb boost stock
drilled discs
traction bars
450 rwhp
hidden hitch
rollpan bumper
console
buckets
all leather seats (heated)
3" video screens in visors
dvd/cd/mp3 deck
1000 watt amp
soundproof cabin
exhaust on both sides
glass tint adjustment
factory glass tonneau w/ spoiler
remote tonneau cover lift
painted back glass frame
painted wiper cowl
dropped 1"
overhead console
bedrug liner
remote start
priced at $39,999.99

Old 04-09-2002, 01:45 AM
alot of you guys are in fantasy land ,but i do like the self cleaning black!!

Old 04-09-2002, 02:28 AM
Thumbs up

Lights on the sides of the mirrors in the visors would be nice!

Old 04-09-2002, 07:51 AM
I would like to see...

-Better sound system
-Be able to run driving lights when in AUTO mode
-About 500 HP
-A lower stance, 1-2"
-KEEP THE SLIDING REAR WINDOW!!
-No marble sound!
-Better sounding exhaust so we don't have to change the muffler
-Digital readout inside analog gages (for oil press, boost, MPG, etc)
-Fix the "wheel in the way of the gages" syndrome

Everything else is great! Keep up the good work SVT!!!

Old 04-09-2002, 09:04 AM
Thumbs up Survey Says

I expressed my opinions and preferences on the SVT survey. I like the idea they are asking our opinions. This is one great TRUCK and I'll be ready to purchase another in a couple years. I really like the paddle shift option, hope it comes to pass...Oh yeah, KEEP THE TRAILER HITCH

Old 04-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Absolutly no V-10, They sound just AAAAwful, no matter what you do to the exhaust, they just don't sound right. Sounds like a hopped up sewing machine!. I had a 99 SD with a v10, and after 3 exhaust systems, I dumped it, mainly cause I could just not stand the sound. UGH!

Old 04-09-2002, 10:04 AM
I really like the low end torque of a blown V-10. it feels like the truck is being power braked, just waiting for you to tap the pedal.
someone on this list posted, driving a blown V-10 lightning prototype a while back, and said the power was unbelieveable. mine sounds like a stock car, but i run, headers, no cats, supertrapp exhaust tip mufflers.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:05 PM
Question

How about some competant dealers that don't scream warrantee void at the first sign of a k&n, rear drop shackles, or different mufflers?? I'm a dealership tech too, maybe it's just me??

Quick Reply: SVT wants to know what you want next year and so on!!!!