Lightning

SVT wants to know what you want next year and so on!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002 | 02:02 PM
A supercab flareside version of the L!!!!

Old 04-09-2002 | 02:08 PM
I would like to see:

Manual (standard) transmission with racing panels on the steering wheel like the F1 cars.........that would be cool.

And obviously a better in dash system.

thats it here.

Old 04-09-2002 | 02:16 PM
how bout A testi massager in the seat???

Old 04-09-2002 | 07:03 PM
Originally posted by svt360
alot of you guys are in fantasy land ,but i do like the self cleaning black!!
Some of you guys are in fantasy land but I'll try not to be. I don't like any idea of self cleaning paint. It'll ruin detailers!

I would like to see front mounted machine guns as an option. I feel they would really come in handy when you see ppl driving and talking on a cell phone.

Old 04-09-2002 | 07:32 PM
1. Little bit more in the "get up and go" dept.
2. Try and redesign the mirrors...they look like mickey mouse ears
3. Little higher quality sound system, were are paying over 30k
4. 20" rims would be NICE
5. A Billet Grill like the Harley Davidson Edition
6. Try and shave as much weight off as possible

Keep up the good work guys, you're doing great!

Old 04-09-2002 | 07:45 PM
Wink

i still think the self-cleaning, or a "hose it down and fo-geta-bout-it" idea would probably make up for the pinto and firestone/exploder fiascos, or something. but thats me.

Old 04-09-2002 | 08:02 PM
What I would like to see (big list, but I LOVE my truck!)

Other colors, yellow, a bright metallic red, electron blue.

Better rods, so as not to worry if you want to up the power

4 valve heads

more power with better mpg around town (if the chip burners can do it, why not Ford)

more lateral support in the seats.

adjustable pedals

new dash with less seams in it, less plasticky

real gauges (ones that aren't idiot lights masking as gauges)

full size spare to match the wheels

separate turn signals from brake lights in back (a pet peeve)

5 speed auto (I think it'll come anyway once the G2 psd comes out) or the paddle shift F1 style manual sounds cool.

Stereo with subwoofer and better speakers.

6 disc in dash changer

the rack and pinion steering from the new expedition, and how about the irs too?

HID headlamps standard.

Old 04-09-2002 | 08:31 PM
Since it appears that the Gen2 and future Lightnings will no longer be a limited production HP vehicle, my first wish that Ford stop making them is fantasyland.

With that said:

Seats that keep you in the seat during hard corners would be nice. Then, the steering wheel can be used for steering instead of holding on.

Upgraded brakes would be nice as long as they don't bust like the brembo's do on the Cobra-R.

Last year when a similar post covered this, here was my suggestion for the rest (to bad the search doesn't work, I wouldn't have to retype the following):

LIMIT the amount of Lightnings that the dealer can sell with the performance options BUT offer the options as dealer add-ons.

In other words, if you add all the options up and end up with a $40,000 truck and that's all the dealer sells, then the lighting really won't be affordable as it is today. But, if the SVT dealers are allowed to sell only one fully loaded Lightning per year and the sell the rest as ordered, then a $32,000 truck can be bought and the remaining items be ordered or added as desired. Plus the warranty will be retained.

For example, what if you bought a Lightning with the base performance items you wanted and THEN got into road racing and wanted to upgrade your brakes. All you'd have to do is call the local dealer, order the brake kit and proportioning valve and install it (or have them install it). The warranty would be retained and you'd have a well designed system that shouldn't be expensive. If you've ever looked at the cost of parts for big brakes, they don't add up to the $3500 that Brembo and the others are charging for upgraded front brakes. It's actually less than $1000. The other $2500 is the cost for two inexpensive but EXTREMELY important parts.

Spike

Old 04-09-2002 | 08:58 PM
I would like to see 1) full leather seats with a option on different colors 2) dohc supercharged 5.4, or even better a turbo 5.4 making around 500 hp with a rock solid bottom end that can take 800 or so hp.......I dont care what kind of gas mileage 3) 6 speed manual w/ paddle shifter on the steering wheel and a 5 speed auto as a option 4) hid headlights 5) brembo, baer, or somekind of high performance brake upgrade 6) rock solid trans and rear 7) chrome wheels If Ford would make something like this then my front yard would look like a used car lot.

Old 04-09-2002 | 09:32 PM
01whiteLight, I was just about to say that the HD color was dark shadow gray. Ya beat me to it
L iminator, is sorta right. One of the main reasons i bought my HD was that it would be worth money someday. I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life, but i still enjoy the truck as a daily driver and have NO garage. I just keep her as clean and protected as i can, and hopefully, with only minor restoration in like 40 years, she'll be worth something, but i don't really care since i'm never gonna sell it. Also though, the L's will become rarer as time goes on cuz for you guys that beat the $#!+ out of your trucks, they are probably never gonna last, but hey as long as you're having fun with it, i guess thats what you bought it for. you only live once
sovich, why would you buy an HD as a work truck, but you seem to be against a L as a work truck? The HD is s/c too and has a smaller bed than the L, and cost more $$$. doesn't make much sense. there's nothing wrong with having to tow something or having to haul some stuff in the bed once in a while. If ford didn't make it practical (such as being a TRUCK) people wouldn't buy it if it was just a fast box on wheels with one seat and no trunk and a big motor. Not everyone can afford a "cheap work truck" Alot of people can barely afford what they've got, but work their @$$'s off to keep it, and if using a L to tow stuff once in a while or whatever to make ends meet, they'll do it cuz they love the truck. don't wanna start a flame here, just mainly didn't understand the HD as a worktruck and no way a L as one. Nice trucks you guys, hope ya get what ya want from ford.

Old 04-09-2002 | 10:05 PM
If the body isnt changing, dont do too much to raise the price.

1) Better rods
2) Fix piston slap issue
3) Fix sparkplug issue
3) Kick it up to at least 400HP, even if you still say its 380
4) That center console deal is very nice
5) I like the idea of the auto climate control

Jeff

Old 04-10-2002 | 01:56 AM
Slightly off topic but I would like to see the return of the Bronco (2 Door Expedition) with the L's drivetrain.

Old 04-10-2002 | 01:36 PM
jt2
1) Climate control. - Ford should be ashamed to sell a $30k vehicle with that ancient hot/cold ****.

2) 20" wheels

3) Do something about the brake pedal feel. Too mooshy for a performance vehicle.

4) A bit more power would be nice. Say, 425/500?

5) Better stereo.

6) Homelink/trip computer availability, at least.

Old 04-11-2002 | 09:06 AM
Lightbulb Expedition or Supercab Lightning!!

I know, I know, but what ever happened to that spy pic of the Black Expedition Lightning edition that never got made? I would buy one of those in a heartbeat. If anyone has pics please post...

Old 04-11-2002 | 09:17 AM

Quick Reply: SVT wants to know what you want next year and so on!!!!