Lightning

Rear sway bar end links, cut down. (pics for you chicknears)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RTKILLA
...I was thinking about the rear bar and it wouldn't be that hard to convert the stock sway bar into a system that would use the same end links as the front to we could better fine tune the suspension...
Email me if you're interested in a better solution.

Regarding the bump stops, below is photo of the front passenger side control arm after running Buttonwillow on the stock suspension. Prior to that event, new control arms were installed and the SVT stickers didn't have any wear from several weeks of street driving. The wear on the sticker was slight, but noticable. The driver's side contact was less.

Click here for a larger photo

Spike

Old 04-15-2002, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike

Why did you install new control arms?

Mike

Old 04-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Road Rash
Spike

Why did you install new control arms?

Mike
SVT replacements (warranty).

The stickers even had my name on them! I used to joke around with people who worked on the truck. If they asked if it was special or mentioned something about how the Lightnings were limited (back when they used to be somewhat limited), I'd tell them that they didn't build the truck AND all the special parts until it was sold. Then, the truck was assembled and delivered to the customer. When they'd say "no way!" I'd point out the control arms! It wouldn't work nowadays since you see these things everywhere.

Spike

Old 04-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike -

I'm going to use the stock 01 shocks initially but I'm pretty sure I will have to get in touch with Ruslow about the QA1's. There doesn't appear to be any other options since hotchkiss doesn't seem to want to offer shocks that match their spring rates.

BTW - Tax Day delayed my mechanic; springs are now going on Thursday.

I will be taking measurements for your database.

Old 04-16-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by NeedFourSpeed
There doesn't appear to be any other options since hotchkiss doesn't seem to want to offer shocks that match their spring rates....
A conversation with John Hotchkis back in December at a local shop confirmed that Bilstein doesn't want to bother making them for Hotchkis. I hope to meet with them again, along with Ruslow, at a private track day to test some stuff and compare lap times. They're interested in talking some more about further suspension mods.

RTKILLA ,
I got your email and will send a reply today.

Spike

Last edited by Spike Engineering; 04-16-2002 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear sway bar end links, cut down. (pics for you chicknears)