Lightning

Truth about mysterious JDM 166 Blower!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002 | 05:08 PM
|
Originally posted by lurker
Jim posted pictures of a rear entry on 9/4/2001:

http://www.forums.svtperformance.com...?threadid=6499
Does anyone have those pics? They dont show up on that thread.
Some pics would clear up a lot of things right about now.

Here i go on the blower issue
It basically comes down to this. The lightning community has been promised three new blowers. The first one we saw was the kennebell on JLPs truck. It was track tested and and now JLP is the fastest Gen2[i think]. Then the second one we saw was sals blower. There has been a pic posted, and was about to be track tested but sal had a little uh-oh . But the point is people have seen it and we know it exists. Now for JDMs blower. Lurker posted that link to a thread that had pics but the pics didnt work so we still dont have proof. Now jim says that his blowers are not being made from Eaton, that they are being made from a different company? Anyway Jim has been promising us an M166 and we havent seen one. someone said that Dons Bolt has one on his engine but then someone else said that dons engine isnt even in the truck yet which means no blower yet. All we can do is wait. If jim does finally come out with an M166 then good for him and that will add to our options when it comes to blower upgrades. But if he never does....well then there will be a lot of disappointed people. But as I have said in the past and will say again...Only time will tell AND Ill believe it when I see it!

Edit:
Nevermind about the pics, those arent even pics of the blower for the L, they are from some mustang?
"PFA,
The pictures of the supercharger are the rear entry version.
We use them on Mustangs for hood clearence.
The ones for the L's will have a top entry.
I will be pulling the one off the 99 and will post pictures top and bottom.
I would like to see a bigger a throttle body intake for these.
It is already in the works.
Jim@JDM"

Old 04-12-2002 | 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 2Cool
Per the MM&FF tests, the Kenne Belle produces less heat and more boost with the same size pulley as an Eaton. Of course their tests were done running it against the smaller Eaton, mot the M112. I am waiting for someone to bolt one on an L and post actual performance gains.
Here's the big question.Can you use the factory intercooler with the K.B.???

Old 04-12-2002 | 05:25 PM
Rest In Peace
Wow im suprised this thread lasted this long and wasnt closed by now. Maybe Jim doesnt want to release pics of his new blower for fear of someone stealing a design. Come on anyone who has been on this board for a while knows it has happend before. Also i for one would rather have a mod as big as a new blower tested out on anyone of the tuners test trucks before being released to the public instead of having us being the ones doing all the testing out. Thats just a smart move for any business. Hey like they say good things come to those who wait. Look at me i waited 13 weeks when i was told 3 weeks for my rims and after i got them well worth the wait. I know it $UCKS to wait but in the end should be worth it.

Last edited by BadAzz516; 04-12-2002 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2002 | 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Pretty neat aren't they!!!

Jim@JDM

Old 04-12-2002 | 05:35 PM
|
Originally posted by BadAzz516
Wow im suprised this thread lasted this long and wasnt closed by now
Yea me to, lets try and keep it that way. Im really impressed.

Thanks

Old 04-12-2002 | 05:39 PM
|
Originally posted by Jim@JDM
Pretty neat aren't they!!!
Jim@JDM
yea they are pretty neat....got any more pics of the whole thing?

Old 04-12-2002 | 05:41 PM
|
Nitro, is that the M166?

Old 04-12-2002 | 06:03 PM
Nitro and J15BIG:

I talked to Justin a coule of weeks ago and thats the link he sent me when I asked about their 166 blower. So yeah thats it.(or close to it)

J

Old 04-12-2002 | 06:32 PM
Justin@JDM sent me the link to the pic that Nitro posted...That is the JDM 166 for those who said there is no such blower at all...Glad that Sal talked to Jim and got everything clear...
I WIN!!!!!!

Chikin@Charter.net
---------------------------
Black '01
Born on 5-3-01
#3603 of 6381
Sean Hyland 2# Upper Pulley
JL 3# Lower
JDM Cold Air
JDM Boost Bypass
JDM/Accufab Throttle Body
JDM Longtubes w/ Silver-Bullet cat-back
JDM Cobra R pump
My Eletric Fan w/Help of JDM
PSP 4-Way Autologic Chip ( Tow, Street,Track, N20 )
PSP FactoryTech Valvebody
PSP Deep Tranny Pan
PSP DriveShaftLoop
PSP Truck-Traks
PSP Nitrous Plate
Nitrous Express 50-150 Kit ( Can’t decide which jets to use )
NGK / BR7 spark plugs .036gap
Hoosier DOT’s 28 x 10 x 16

Old 04-12-2002 | 06:33 PM
Talking

That rotor pack looks just like the one from "RTKILLA". If that blowers is in fact a "166" and the "166" is not an Eaton why does it look like an Eaton 112. Then too why would it not have more ribs if it was in fact 1/3 bigger?

Old 04-12-2002 | 06:34 PM
Re: Greedy tuners

Originally posted by Nitro Lightning
Here is a thought;

Why do you think the big three automakers disguise their latest creations and concept vehicles?? Because they wont announce that they are selling them until they are certain that they will exist and perform the way they should, maybe our three should take a cue on how to do buisness from them. Dont announce it until it is ready, but that wont happen because they want to get the jump on the other two, no matter how long it will actually take to get theirs ready for sale.

Its April, Sals was supposed to be out in Dec, JDM's was supposed to be out last year. Atleast JL didnt tease anyone, he just suprised everyone with having it, now he needs to actually sell it.

Here is a pic of the 99 lightning JDM has, it shows a prototype blower.

Nitro
Yep thats it alright. Patience people patience.

Old 04-12-2002 | 06:35 PM
WCFan: Those are the rotor packs from a Cobra blower... the same ones that RTKILLA upgraded to...not the 166 rotors!!!

Old 04-12-2002 | 07:23 PM
Originally posted by KGM
Pawn...Where did you hear about Silver State? Is that Mike here in Vegas? I havn't been out to his place in a long time but I know he loves turbos, he has one on his Gen1 and when I saw him last he was talking about a Gen2.
Yes it is. I visited the shop while I was out in Vegas on vacation...very nice place out there! He had only done one conversion when I had stopped by, but I've heard two have been done now. Very clean work, looked nice...no clue on the performance of it though, there were some HP numbers, but I forgot what they were.

I have no doubt that all the tuners will come out with their respective products when they work the kinks out. I've chatted with Jim for a bit now and he's a cool guy...he's busy as hell (and definately is lucky to have Julie help keep his schedule. ), has a ton of stuff going on there and a really sweet shop...I can't wait for his dyno to be in! Sal, also busy as hell, great guy! Been to dinner with him a few times! He would be able to work wonders if he could get his own big shop, its amazing what he can do coming out of his little "shop" at his place. I can't wait to see what great things are going to be coming.

In the 166 shot...isn't that ram air kit pretty sweet? To bad Cervini's never put it out.

Daniel

Old 04-12-2002 | 09:38 PM
While you argue about this blower that most of your trucks cant handle, JL is kicking *** with times. Stop talking, Start Racing.

Old 04-12-2002 | 10:17 PM
If you all knew what Jim's Red 99 is running you would have a case of "Drop Jaw", Lets just put it like this...He could blab all over the internet, but choses to be silent in his success!!!!!

JDM's "proto-type"166 and a C-6 have placed his truck where the other 2 tuners want theirs to be!!! He told me himself on the phone, and think he has no reason to lie!!! This is a small part of my decision to make the "switch" back to JDM as my primary tuner!
Chikin@Charter.net
---------------------------
Black '01
Born on 5-3-01
#3603 of 6381
Sean Hyland 2# Upper Pulley
JL 3# Lower
JDM Cold Air
JDM Boost Bypass
JDM/Accufab Throttle Body
JDM Longtubes w/ Silver-Bullet cat-back
JDM Cobra R pump
My Eletric Fan w/Help of JDM
PSP 4-Way Autologic Chip ( Tow, Street,Track, N20 )
PSP FactoryTech Valvebody
PSP Deep Tranny Pan
PSP DriveShaftLoop
PSP Truck-Traks
PSP Nitrous Plate
Nitrous Express 50-150 Kit ( Can’t decide which jets to use )
NGK / BR7 spark plugs .036gap
Hoosier DOT’s 28 x 10 x 16

Quick Reply: Truth about mysterious JDM 166 Blower!