Lightning

New 03 color!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 03 color!!!

I have spoke to the Genie and yellow will replace blue for 2003!!
Possible cosmetic change as well. I hope it is not too radical I love the current look!

Old 04-15-2002, 12:08 AM
i will believe it when i see it, and the I will buy it!

Old 04-15-2002, 12:12 AM
New '03 is probably gonna be minor improvements like the '01 to '02. Yellow is gonna be awesome!

Old 04-15-2002, 12:14 AM
It is coming dude! I read between the lines on another board and there is a certain salesman who drops hints. I believe that the L survey with the 4.6 liter producing 425HP is a true look at the 03 cobra engine as well. Now if they will just do what the 5.4 liter is capable of I will buy and NEVER sell!!

Old 04-15-2002, 12:20 AM

Last edited by E3LilE8Harv29; 04-15-2002 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:41 AM
Rest In Peace
Yellow isnt coming Ford had the chance to build it back in 00 instead of silver for the new color. They sent the yellow truck around and silver and more people picked silver i dont know why. I dont think they are gonna make any changes for for 03 expect like an anniversey badge like everyone else said. I think they are going to save any major changes for the for the Gen 3 which i hope they build. If you ask me they should have stopped lightning production in 01 3 years like the Gen 1 ran. I think there are just to many lightnings out there now with 02 and if they make them 03. Hopefully they wont make it in 03 and concentrate on the Gen 3.

Old 04-15-2002, 09:32 AM
ditto vinnie! There way to many L's out there now and people are buying them now just cause they like the way they look and they have no clue what they are!

No and I mean NO! svt vehicle should sell for sticker or under sticker and thats just my opinion on it but I feel this a speacialty vehicle and now its like any other out there. People used to be amazed when they saw an bone stock L on the street, now its a common thing.

If ford was smart they would make a LightningR like the cobraR. I would be all over a very low production truck like that!!!!

Old 04-15-2002, 09:55 AM
They have to build a 2003.....it's SVT's 10th Anniversary.

Realistically, the amount of trucks they built so far is a drop in the Bucket as compared to other vehicles.

SVTs are still exclusive. Even if there's 50,000 of them from 99-03. In that time Ford will have sold 4 MILLION trucks, 50,000 is nothing.

I live in a city where SVT dealers have 10-12 Ls a year and there's 3 SVT dealers in my County alone. Never mind Broward & Pam Beach Counties. I still MAYBE see 1 lightning a week on the road when I'm in mine...except Tower Shops when I see anywhere from 6-12.

Hell, I see more Ferraris and Z06 and Vipers than that on the road all the time.

As to paying sticker or more........Hell NO!!
That's why it's called MSRP......Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price. If I want to get raped I'll just go to the Porsche or Ferrari dealer.

Old 04-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Dont believe every thing you hear...........

I do think that ford should keep the original colors red/white/black and have only 1 other color that changes every year.

As far as yellow goes,It would look good but its one of those colors that look good on somebody elses truck and not your own.

Old 04-15-2002, 04:03 PM
I don't care for yellow either, I just want those MANLEY rods. (and I do mean manly!!)

Old 04-15-2002, 04:11 PM
As to paying sticker or more........Hell NO!!
That's why it's called MSRP......Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price. If I want to get raped I'll just go to the Porsche or Ferrari dealer. [/B][/QUOTE]

HELL YEA!!!! I don't want to pay more than sticker that's nuts!

Old 04-15-2002, 04:19 PM
BadAzz516 and RTKILLA,
I couldn't agree with you any more. They should of ended it with 2001. A three year production like Gen 1's. Now I see lightnings everyday. There is 3 alone in my small town. FORD doesn't care what we think, all they want is more and more money.

Old 04-15-2002, 04:53 PM
PLEASE don't make yellow!!!

"Hey everybody, look at me, yeah, i'm the one with the bright yellow vehicle!!!!"

I'm not much for the ****y or flashy look, and that's what i see when i see yellow. I think it's great they came out with True Blue, a very nice, "grown up" color that adds a touch of class. (Mine is white in case you're wondering).

Just an opinion, don't get mad!

Old 04-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by sovich
BadAzz516 and RTKILLA,
I couldn't agree with you any more. They should of ended it with 2001. A three year production like Gen 1's. Now I see lightnings everyday. There is 3 alone in my small town. FORD doesn't care what we think, all they want is more and more money.
Does the company you work for not try to achieve profit???

In case you havn't noticed lately, ford's balance sheet isn't looking too good. Of course they are going to try to get a return on their significant investment. Duh!

oh and yellow rules!

Old 04-15-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 95 Saleen S351

Does the company you work for not try to achieve profit???

In case you havn't noticed lately, ford's balance sheet isn't looking too good. Of course they are going to try to get a return on their significant investment. Duh!

oh and yellow rules!
true true, but what does that window sticker say. substance, value, and exclusivity. I got my substance, I got my value, but I lost my exclusivity when I went for a drive and waved to 3 L owners in one 30 minute drive.

I'm sorry there's just way to many of them, SVT doesn't build that many Cobra's a year.

I'm more then willing to pay little more then the nextguy to have something no body else does. I paid 1500 over sticker for my truck and thats cause it was the first one in my area, and guess what? I SO HAPPY I DID cause I love this truck!!! And I did get them down from 5000 grand over sticker to 1500, I was under the impression that SVT would have kept the production numbers to 4000 per year and only a 3 year run. I guess as soon as they saw there was more money to be made they said "hey lets make more and sell more, which is completely understanalbe from a buisness point of view. But there's no way in hell that more then 50% of the people at SVT who really did have a passion for this type of vehicle agreed with the decision to up the amount of trucks.

If so, why not make more then 300 R's? they got 25grand over sticker at my dealer for the one they had. If I had the money, I would have bought it too! SOme people just spend there money on different things, for me I love cars and pretty much anything with a motor in it and I have a problem. When I do something I go to the extreme evertime and I can't help it.

ok I'm tired

Quick Reply: New 03 color!!!