Lightning

Extrude Hone Upper Plenum and T/B are on!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002 | 07:31 PM
They are better than no pics at all. I really appreciate you taking the time to even take some pics and share them and the info with us!!! You get a BIG in my book.

Thanks a lot!!!

Old 04-15-2002 | 07:42 PM
|
They are better than no pics at all. I really appreciate you taking the time to even take some pics and share them and the info with us!!! You get a BIG in my book.

Thanks a lot!!!
Thanks man......I really appreciate that. I am just glad that I can post some information to help all yall out! Lord knows with out yall and these boards I would be realllllllllllllllllly lost.

So thanks YALL!

Andy

Old 04-16-2002 | 09:25 AM
|
Bump

Bump

Old 04-16-2002 | 11:27 AM
Nice, any Seat-of-the-pants power report?

Oh and about the pictures, who cares about the quality, you shouldn't have covered up the pic on the cover of Stuff

Old 04-16-2002 | 12:44 PM
|
El Capitan-

That chick on the cover of Maxim IS F"N HOT! You should see her video on MTV(i don't watch it, just happend to flip by and saw her)

BTW yes there was a noticable gain, I think people with pulleys would even benefit more! I am currently running stock pulleys.

Andy

Old 04-16-2002 | 01:07 PM
Originally posted by qball2439
BTW yes there was a noticable gain, I think people with pulleys would even benefit more! I am currently running stock pulleys.

Andy
No flame here but "noticeable" does not cut it for most guys on these boards, track or dyno numbers are worth their weight in gold.

--Joe

Old 04-16-2002 | 01:10 PM
|
Soap-

I do understand your point, I was answering a direct question from captainoblivious

Nice, any Seat-of-the-pants power report?
Also as noted in my 1st post, I tried to get a dyno run in this weekend but it was unavailable do to a rice convention.

Andy

Old 04-16-2002 | 01:48 PM
qball2439 - yes she is , I love Stuff and Maxim. And thanks for the answer.

soap - you're right alot of guys here like to see dyno for proven. But whether everyone will admit it or not, 90% of the people are fans of the @ss-o-meter test. IMO it's great to see that it's proven on paper, but even better to feel it.

Old 04-16-2002 | 03:40 PM
nice pics, I just gave my buddy the plenum and he looked at it and said he would do it for 100 bucks and it would be much bigger and he would make it pretty smooth but he said there was no need to polish it I guess. I figured what the hell I guess, HEHEHHEHE.

If any of you guys are interested he said he would do more of them for us. you can Email me and I'll tell you how to contact him. He does great work and its all done by hand.

I'll take some pics when he's done with mine.

Old 04-16-2002 | 03:44 PM
Becareful if you do any porting on the blower end of the intake. If you open it up without also opening the blower up you will create a nice big air dam. Just clean it up and remove as little material as possible. The T/B side has quite a bit of material to remove.

Old 04-16-2002 | 04:21 PM
Being 40-ish, I remember how we used to port match and port stuff. I have often wondered if it has changed and the more I ask and find out, the more things stay the same. In fact, I think some of the old tricks get lost or don't get passed down.

Silver-Bolt is right and this is how we used to address these issues. We would take the surfaces to be ported apart and apply a blue ink to one of the surfaces and bolt them back up. The ink would transfer to the clean surface and you could use that as your porting guide.

Perhaps I'll stop spending money and do some of this myself; it really isn't rocket science when you are just going after some improved flow like in the upper intake. Heads are a different story though. Port the upper air intake or have it extrude-honed and then port-match with the T/B and blower. Sounds like the ticket to me.

Silver-Bolt - Didn't you have yours honed? Where was there work done?

Thanks

Old 04-16-2002 | 04:25 PM
DL
Thumbs up

Hey,

I got mine done for my L.

I figure it couldn't hurt the performance. I know a lot of people port other engine parts like heads, carbs on ATV's, etc.

Didn't dyno before and after install.

Here's some pic's of the nice porting work that Paul does:

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=1305

Old 04-16-2002 | 05:01 PM
|
yeah yeah yeah DL, had to show me up on the photography skills...Don't worry, I'll get you at the races this weekend
qball

Old 04-16-2002 | 05:59 PM
we blue inked the plenum with the tb and the nitrous plate so it will be matched and the intake side isn't going to get touched that much cause I measured that with my old blower case and it was good.

Old 04-16-2002 | 06:29 PM
DL
Cool

Hey qball2439,

Actually Paul took those pics of some done pieces and sent them to me to post. So you get an "A" for the effort on your pics, I cheated..

See you this weekend at FFW...

Quick Reply: Extrude Hone Upper Plenum and T/B are on!